Project Rocker Cover!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter si_racer
  • Start date Start date
S

si_racer

hey guys and gals,

heres my latest update for me wee almera, me n paul (cov_racer) decided to paint me rocker cover blue and black,
heres the pics

BEFORE, really boring
CNV00011.jpg

my lovly oiled cams, mmm
rocker01.jpg

rocker02.jpg

rocker04.jpg

preped rocker cover,
rocker05.jpg

all the ingredients,
rocker06.jpg

3 coats of paint,
rocker07.jpg

now my artistic side haha,
rocker08.jpg

rocker09.jpg

and let it dry...
rocker10.jpg

rocker11.jpg

3 coats of laqure...
rocker12.jpg

AFTER, finish off with PROBOLT blue anadised bolts from tastynuts.com
rocker15.jpg

wat a gr8 nights work :D

yep! both pretty chuffed aint we haha!

i wondered why it was taking it so long to dry with the hairdryer, stupid me then realised it was the heat keeping it tacky lol.

mines been preped for a while and is ready to be done too. mmmmm

;)

Well Done Guys! All in all how long did it take from start to end ?? Mine needs doing! Nice Nuts too! ;) Makes it look that bit different! How did you know what size nuts/bolts to use?

looks good, much better than standard! reminds me ive got to post a pic of mine. was thinking about new bolts aswel so ill check out that site.

can get um from deamon tweeks karlk the made jus for the almera

Looks good.

I'm taking the lazy option and getting a cover off a primera GT for my GTI.

It comes pre powder coated.

^^ is there a powder coated version that will fit my ga16?? im lazy to and i have no where to spry it other than in the shower :D

i like the black, any trouble removing the rocker cover??? and putting it back on with the mounts?

24SEVEN said:
what kinda paint do you need for this? can you get away with any old spray crap or is it a heatproof jobby?

Any, you dont need hightemp stuff. I used `smoothrite` ( rated to 120*c ) on mine and 2+yrs down the road is still nice and shiny, unlike hightemp paints that mostly have a dull matt finish straight out the can.

good good. Can't fault my prep work :D. those rear light surrounds people were umming and ahhing about at the time have held up perfectly :D.

on 2nd thoughts the new place I work now has much bigger and better rumblers/polishers. might be cheeky and ask if I can put a foreigner in there :D.

Nice work!. You should to the cover to the manifold aswell, if you want to keep the black theme. I've got my cover and the top polished instead. Think its a better combination for my engine bay.

Btw!! get yourself a Cold-air tube for your filter! Right there it only gets hot air.. not good ;)

My engine bay:

IMG_1658.jpg

Back
Top Bottom