Quicky's project 200sx

quickdraw

AOC Trader
Well decided to buy Keith's 200sx s13 with the knackered engine as a bit of a project as im coming to the end of completion on the micra k10 2ltr turbo

sooo

purchased thus far!

200sx s13 - £300

my_car_200sx.jpg

then went a bought a nice SR20 DET, manual gearbox, with full engine management wiring loom and ecu - £600

and as of last night decided to sort suspension out first

HSDEGc.jpg

so thats the ride height and with the fully adjustable damping, ready for both track and road use! - £750

Gonna keep the standard front bumper, just add skirts and rear splats, then ready for me to spray.

going the 2 tone Zetec orange around the sides with black roof and bonnet

black wheels

gonna be cleaning the whole interior up, aswell as the exterior aswell prior to spraying so should be good to go in about 2 month hopefully!

ready for the nice summer

total so far!

----
£1650

should easily be completed for under 2k :)

Looks like a pretty clean shell man good find.

I prefer the facelift bumper like, looks miles better!

nh - it looks sucked in to much to me if im honest!

i prefer the pre-

shell is SOLID, which for a 200sx is hard find lol

it has had 2 patches on teh sills though! but i have checked the undersidefully and its all sturdy.

so gonna get it all mega sealed under there aswell whilst im rebuilding!

just wait,

the underside is gonna be very colourful, once all the bushes and arms etc are all on there!

cant wait for sideways meee

As previously said.. Looks very good condition for the price.. consider my mate paid £1700 for a clean car with okish engine..
Bargain I'd say then :)
You gonna go to DWYB?
the underside is gonna be very colourful, once all the bushes and arms etc are all on there!
If you get the DW billet bushes, good luck fitting them lol.. They are bitchezzz.
Joe

More pics FTW.

"en went a bought a nice SR20 DET"

Is that a turbo'd version of the engine the GTi uses then, or very similiar? How much power will you be pushing out? Excited to see this project.

edit: Oh. Wikipedia says there are two generations of SR20 DET. The first producing 205PS, and the second utilising variable valve timing producing 220PS. So it's near enough exactly the same as the GTi SR20DE engine just turbo'd and with or without VVT depending on age. There was also a 250ps version as well it says, interesting read. The standard S13 had the 205ps engine. Which have you replaced it with?

Wikipedia rocks.

S13 ran an SR20DET (import) or a CA18DET. The CA18DET ran about 180ish bhp standard while the SR20DET was 197bhp standard on 7psi of boost.

managed to have a little play with it over the weekend

got let down on the engine side of things so i am now back on the look out for anbother engine but i may just through another ca18 in for now!

200sx-1.jpg

rear spoiler was rotten so took it off to see how bad it was under neath! wish i never haha¬

took me half a day clearing rust lol

welded a few new patches on to smooth it all out!
gonna be getting it up in the air to sand blast the under side and wax oil it all next weekend i think!
depends if i go to see hally or not though!

and get the coilovers on it also!

red will be going orange in time!
but you can get the jist of how i want it

Don't put a CA in.. you'll only end up replacing it for an SR in a few months anyway, my mate killed two CA's in a year with his BDC antics lol.
Weld the diff!!
Joe

wanna keep if for some every day pottering to work aswell so dont fancy the rear wheel slip on turning corners slowly though! otherwise its rear diff welded lol!

im in contemplation!

as i wanting a pickup! so if i do - ill use the 200 as the daily to work - the pickup for the cars and sell the mera
kepp the micra for track! and pottering :P

Back
Top Bottom