RIP N814 MFC.........Long Live P880 PBM

Crashed into a sheep on saturday night/sunday morning, did too much damage for me to be bothered fixing it. So i went in the hunt for a new car.

the choices were, another almera, or a primera, went to see this one today, and it was mint, no rust anywhere on any of the arches, a wee spot round the rear wiper arm, but thats it.

The sills have been welded to a good standard, no dents or scratches.

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

ohhh, and it has the proper spoiler :)

IMG_3654.jpg

AAAAAAND the Piste de Résistance, the heater switch works on every setting :D
Everything that didnt work in my old one works in this one.

Im a happy bunny.

Congratulations mate, nice one :) welcome to the elite red club haha!

I forgot how thin the standard almera's exhaust is ! :o pea shooter!!
Joe

Glad it got it mate. On msn thought u had your heart set on the Primera?

I did, but this almera is in fantastic condition, weighed up paying not much for a great condition car, or paying a bit more for a car thats gona be twice as much on insurance, decided to go for the cheaper option.

Fair play there, at least you'll have a nice source of spares if anything does go wrong.

I know what you mean about character, my almera SRi, my £25 micra and my £20 mondeo have way more character about them than anything else I've had!

I had my first proper drive in it today to work and back, up the motorway, the feeling of speed is muted, i can be driving along, thinking im doing about 70, look down and im doing 85! its good :)
probably cos its higher than my old one, i cant decide whether or not to swap the suspension over though, cos its much much comfier and i dont have to worry about avoiding every pothole i see.
Going to get the wheels and sub (possibly suspension if i decide to ) swapped over at the weekend.
Also, even the wee lights on all the interior switches work :)
but i think the petrol light may be out.

All in all, right from the start its a much better car than the blue one.

Bikes, the blue one spent its whole life with the rear seat down and atleast one bike in the back all the time :)

I also prefer the look of 5drs, always preferred estate cars in general, and 5dr almeras slightly resemble estates. Im just strange.

got bored today so swapped the suspension over

before

IMG_3799small.jpg

after

IMG_3803small.jpg

and look how clean it is underneath all the carpets

IMG_3800small.jpg

IMG_3801small.jpg

still no rust :)

ohh, and heres dads car, looking pretty low for some reason, i think its probably broken

IMG_3805small.jpg

its lower than mine :(

just found this picture in my pictures, dirtiest almera ever?

IMG_3770small.jpg

aaaaaand, ive been messing with this idea for a while, but finally got it working tonight, boot strut that opens the bonnet :D (and my car looking horribly clean, will have to sort that)

IMG_4538small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom