Scorpion Exhaust

danishbear

Dan Schlinder
Right, ive got the scorpion cat-back system, and it knocks on the rear axle...(a common fault with this exhaust i believe).

does anyone know what people have done to stop the knocking?

it was mentioned that you could put a piece of old tyre round the axle, but how would you attach it? because i can imagine the tyre being very tough!

havent got the cash to buy a new system at the mo, so i need a cheap way of stopping this knocking.

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated!

use a bike inner tube mate, think thats whats been done in the past.

Also keep an eye on the brake lines, as someone mentioned it has broken a brake pipe on someones car, think it was Tech1's iirc

Jockrock said:
Also keep an eye on the brake lines, as someone mentioned it has broken a brake pipe on someones car, think it was Tech1's iirc

i also had this problem on my car.. sad story. it's better you cut off a piece, so you don't destroy the brake pipe.

My Scorption exhaust knocked. It can be stopped, you just have to position it exactly right! Might take a couple of attempts to stop it, but it can be done.

as above, and use a zip tie to keep the brake cable tucked out of the way of the exaust hanger so they dont rub together. (the scorp zorst has stupidly long hangers)

if your using old or the oringinal rubbers to hang the zorst that sometimes make it sit wrong ;)

I had this problem with my Scorpion, wore the brake line clean thru and I didnt stop when I wanted to!!! Lucky there was nothing around. As mentioned, cable tie existing hose or fit goodridge hoses!

as devil man says it is possible to stop it knocking some what.

i got under mine with a load of metal jubilee clips and put the round the outside of the rubber hangers along the length of the exhaust, then tightened them up one at a time until the exhuast was getting pulling in the right place, the clips laso strengthened the hangers stopping the exhaust bouncing around as the scorpion exhaust is heavier than the original one.
although mine stopped knocking it still knocked if I had 2 people in the back, it all depends on how low your car is too, mine was on eibach springs at the time, with coilovers you would need to get the whole peice remade.

Back
Top Bottom