sold my almera gti got £3500 for it, heres my new beast

Damn, you got a great price for your GTI... good effort!!

TBH, i don't see the BM as much of an upgrade... isn't it slower?

^nah, it's just to make a bigger "gap" between that and the 328, and IIRC there was a 24v 325 as well, which was actually called a 325, but had more power than the 323 (which had about 170bhp). Same sorta deal as the 335, it's a turbocharged 3.0 litre...

sri_alan said:
how does a 323i become a 2.5? or is that the schintzer treatment

BMW's are funny in that the model code doesn't actually always represent the engine size.

I know the 318 sometimes comes with a 1.9 engine and sometimes a 2.0. 320 is usually a 2.2 (i think) 323 a 2.5 then the 325 a 2.5 (more power though that the 323), 328 a 2.8 and 330 a 3.0.

Tis a very nice motor though and u got a damn good price for the GTi.

Oh right! I never knew that at all, thats pretty strange. Nice looking car though and £3500 for that GTi is worthy of some sort of medal haha was a good GTi

Rick said:
BMW's are funny in that the model code doesn't actually always represent the engine size.

I know the 318 sometimes comes with a 1.9 engine and sometimes a 2.0. 320 is usually a 2.2 (i think) 323 a 2.5 then the 325 a 2.5 (more power though that the 323), 328 a 2.8 and 330 a 3.0.

Tis a very nice motor though and u got a damn good price for the GTi.

Very true that, an old mate of mine used to have an L plate 318is and that had a 1.9 engine

i'm with ya on that move- i'de look at one of them after my GTI as well. Thats a rele nice car you've got there. Price of the GTI is good news for us all, ppl in the club giving them away does us no favours. I paid 3k for mine in July and thought that was top, top money so you've done very well there

likin the new motor and love my beemers also. my dad just bought his girlfriend a new d3 alpina and its a really class car

Lets not forget that Gibbs GTi was a top example. Really clean and a number of modifications performance wise and cosmetically. I wouldnt think of any other P1 Gti going for that price that I've seen on here.

I like the beemer.

Back
Top Bottom