SRi - Looking tasty after a bath in wax!

Another great shining example.
I find meguiars "clay" used with "quick detail" gets good results and water beads but not as well as br3n vid. Problems is I was supposed to follow with clear wax but got so knackered from shampoo, clay and buffing I skipped it.

RainX is great for windows, water beads right off didn't need to use the wipers up to 60 mph even when passing trucks on the way up to JAE.

Claying your car only removes bonded contaminants, by not waxing you're adding no shine or no protection to the paint what so ever.

You only need to clay maybe every 6 months.

claying4mg.jpg

;)

check you out with all the stolen images! :)

Naylor, When i say ruthlessly I mean all the prep work etc, Took longer cleaning/claying than it did the wax..

I found the wax foolproof to apply, Didnt pay any special attention just buffed it on using a foam applicator in no particular mannor, went round the car and then buffed off again when i got back to where I started.

I used SRP underneith as i've been told its one of the best products to disguise swirls/marks while also cleaning and polishing the paint ready for a wax/sealant.

super resin polish from autoglym, its mainly a filler so hides a lot of crap so its pretty good for cars since keeping paint perfect is nigh on impossible, the egp is extra gloss protection from autoglym which is a sealer

br3n, same way as I do it, just wondered if I was missing something, I'd like a pc but Im feeling tight when it comes to spending that kinda money on a polisher, might wait for xmas :lol:

Benskett said:
Claying your car only removes bonded contaminants, by not waxing you're adding no shine or no protection to the paint what so ever.

You only need to clay maybe every 6 months.

claying4mg.jpg

;)

No thats true, just on the day I did it it looked really shiny and the water I splashed after, seem to fall right off? It was probably more to do with the "quick detail" spray than the claying itself. :)

Btw don't use the meguiars scratchX - it doesn't hide the scratches more like highlights them! :confused:

scratch x is bollocks, I couldnt see any results whatsoever on a variety of marks applied in a variety of methods!

Naylor, Im definatly getting a PC after seeing whats possible :)

I got good results off scratch X, you need to work it though hard, been waxing mine again yesterday, I'll stick some pics up

Back
Top Bottom