Step By Step Of My Wheels Coming Back To Life

Some of you's will already know i got forced off the road and damaged all my wheels so i decided i would have ago at refirbishing them myself.

Here's before i started :(

picture059.jpg

First i removed all the studs, valves, and tyres then file'd all of the damaged parts down and modified the spokes to look smooth at the edges. Secondly i sanded the full wheels to get them smooth and keyed for the paint to stick

picture050.jpg

Next step was to clean the wheels from any dirt and dust and give them a few light coats of primer (sanding down between each coat)

picture051.jpg

Then onto the colour :rolleyes:

picture060.jpg

White looks good ;)
Next i wanted to lettering to stand out so hand painted new colours on gold and matching red with the car. After that i gave them a few good coats of laquer to smooth it all off

picture061.jpg

Let them dry, fitted the studs...

picture063.jpg

Fitted tyres and jobs a goodin :D :D :D

picture064.jpg

picture065.jpg

Gona sort the centre caps later, getting momo decals made for them in either red or black and paint them white :rolleyes:

mate they look awesome really good job. mine need doing aswell can i send em to you to do :P or can you pm me what to do i.e materials etc.

cheers

dont think they looked very good in the silver but in white they look very good. white goes very well with a red car :thumbs:

They were very nice when i got them and was really lucky cos they are limited edition momo gtr's but definatly think white is better. Im quite chuffed with myself with it being the first time i've ever used a proper spray gun

Paul, they look wicked mate!! Really suits the car!! :thumbs:

They look very well. I had a set of them on my old Corsa (Nova). Lovely wheel (very strong).

How long do ya reckon it took you all together to do then Paul? (in terms of hours) and how much did it cost in total? I dont think i'd have the patience! just want to know how it compares to the cost of getting them powdercoated, and how long, because im lazy haha

powder coating would be the better option cos its alot stronger i just did it this way because there was alot of repairing to do. Not sure on the time scale cos i just did little bits here and there

well done paul your not just a pretty face then you got the knack............ :P

Back
Top Bottom