Subframe Mounting rust problem

Just a quick question really.HAs anyone had any issues when going for an M.O.T. with regards to subframe mounting rust.I am clueless to where they are talking about.My mate has said he would weld it for free for me but I really dont know where this problem lies.I am assuming it is the rear mounts?Anyone have pictures of this ghostly problem.Cheers

It is probably the front lower cross member, basically the girder that rns across the front of the car behind the bumper (The bottom bolts on the bumper attach to the cross member) its also the place where the upright for the bonnet clip attaches to at the bottom. They go through on micras really badly.
Have a look on my members rides thread to see it (Its the one I've recently painted up).

Why is rust a huge problem in the uk always, is it salt on the roads because in ireland u dont see much almeras with rust unless they were bought in the uk.

It is probably the front lower cross member, basically the girder that rns across the front of the car behind the bumper (The bottom bolts on the bumper attach to the cross member) its also the place where the upright for the bonnet clip attaches to at the bottom. They go through on micras really badly.
Have a look on my members rides thread to see it (Its the one I've recently painted up).

Thanks for that mate,appreciate it

Why is rust a huge problem in the uk always, is it salt on the roads because in ireland u dont see much almeras with rust unless they were bought in the uk.

Think its due to winter driving with all the crappy salt on the road.Probably doesnt help living so close to the salty Irish sea either mate.Its a right bastad

David - we have salt/grit thrown down on the roads in October & they don't stop until late March/early April. You have to wash your car every week without fail up here or it rusts like a bar-steward ! Sometimes I do it twice a week because it just gets everywhere. I wouldn't mind so much, but the bloody council 'forgets' to do it when it's -7 deg C then lays it when it's +5 deg C ! :mad:

yeah i will agree with what sleeper has said i gace up on the wash twice a week as by the time u got it home u needed to wash it again tho after this winter we have jsut had here i really am gonna get the underside of mine redone beofre MOT jsut so i can rest easy

Back
Top Bottom