Sunny Rally Car

Hope nobody minds but thought I would just post a couple of pics of the rally car so you guys....and gals could have a look.

Both pics through the watersplash are in Sweet Lamb.Have got more but only proofs with the copyright over the pics.

29042007.jpg
[/IMG]

YstwythSunnyEdit2.jpg
[/IMG]

YstwythSunnyEdit.jpg
[/IMG]

awesome! any chance of a spec list because it seems to have a hard life so i should imagine theres a fair few hefty parts on it :D

Ye it's the best fun ever.Mate has got an a PH1 Almera GTi doing night events.Goes really well and he's had 3 or 4 top 10's on Welsh Championship events.Desperatly needs a diff tho for all the muddy farm tracks etc.

Car wasn't really up to a mega spec for the rally I did in Sweet Lamb.It was still classed as a road rally which meant we didn't have to have all the safety gear and you could have done the rally without a cage!

I did however manage to get a cage and sumpguard on before the event but it didn't stop me from wrecking the car.

Ripped the bumper off,ripped the exhaust off by the manifold which bent around the rear axle and dragged along behind the car.Snapped the fan belt after a heavy landing after a jump which shouldn't have been held flat in 3rd.Put a hole in the gearbox as well.Also managed two punctures.lol

The sunny is a 1600 SR which is upto 130Bhp.It's got a 6 point weld in cage and sumpguard,LEDA Coilovers with Eibach springs and Hella 3000 spots at the moment.

Soon going up to a friends place to have it stage prepared.Painting the inside white.Fitting the driver side bucket seat.Lines inside.Tank guard and guarding the exhaust properly.Also having the cut off and inline extinguishers done.Targetting the Corracle stages in July.

Will have a look for more pics.Will try and find some of my mates Almera as well

That looks great! Something I'd like to do one day. How much does it cost to do the rallies on balance?

Back
Top Bottom