Suspension Question

I've bought a car that was already lowered - but i wasn't told how low it actually was and what it was lowered on

It's got 17" wheels on now, but the front doesn't seem to sit the same as the rear.

I've been looking the members ride section at cars lowered on 17's, and the back looks the same as mine, but in the pictures, the front looks lower than mine.

Is there any way i can tell whether i'm lowered on springs / full kit / coilovers without going to a garage - as i'm usless when it comes to suspension.

Thanks

Apologies - i've just realised i've posted in the wrong section - it was meant to be in General - I am going to get pictures up when i can.

you will probably find it sits the same but the front has diffrent shape arches, best way to check is to mesure from the sill to the floor near the rear and front arch, this should tell you.
as to whether you got just springs or coilovers, just take a look at them, do they look new etc, and any points on the shocks to adjust them

Thanks - i was a bit worried for a minute there. I've just been out and it does measure the same fomr the sill to the floor

They do look quite new and clean, would i be able to see the points on the shocks with the wheels on or would i have to take them off to see?

Thanks,
Dave

it might be worth posting some oics of the shock/springs for all to see and to tell you. what colour are they?

The springs are black - not sure on the size of the drop or the set up!

I'll get pic's up as soon as i can

Back
Top Bottom