Temp Insurance for MOT & Tax

Hello folks. Anyone know an Insurance firm that will give me temp insurance to get Almera to MOT station and if passes can then go to post office and get tax?

There is a company called day insure, but I am not sure if I'll be covered by them.

A lot of companies offer a 7 day drive away insurance. They'll give you a no obligation quote fro a years cover and a free 7 days insurance for the trouble. Google it up.

A lot of companies offer a 7 day drive away insurance. They'll give you a no obligation quote fro a years cover and a free 7 days insurance for the trouble. Google it up.
Thanks, I'll have a look at what I can find, ta.

If its booked you dont need insurance or tax to drive to an mot. Obviously the police may ask a few questions if you're driving one end of the country to the other. But otherwise is fine.

You need insurance at all times regardless if your going to an mot. You don't need tax if going to an mot station but only will get away with it if your car is booked in. As regards to temporary insurance you must have a policy. Temp insurance won't get you a tax disc,

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Yeah my bad you need insurance to drive to the mot tester. You dont need mot or tax to get insurance.

I'm sure you have to have at least 28days insurance in order to get tax. May have changed though.

Hello folks. Anyone know an Insurance firm that will give me temp insurance to get Almera to MOT station and if passes can then go to post office and get tax?

There is a company called day insure, but I am not sure if I'll be covered by them.

You will need to get day insurance to go to MOT, then take out a proper annual policy if you want to tax it.

All day insurance certificates explicitly state they cannot be used to tax a car.

I think daysure is who I used to tax the ambition, think they're the only ones that are accepted to obtain tax with. I only had a 5 day policy

Or just take out an insurance policy and cancel within 14 days. Most companies only charge £35 admin.

Thanks for your replies. Dayinsure is ok. You can get road tax with them, even on a 1 day insurance. But doesn't matter anymore as my Almera failed MOT. Needs quite a bit of welding so that will be expensive. I am going down to Derby to pick up another Almera in a few days. And I am going to take off all the new parts I fitted, then scrap it in Aberdeen. Would love to keep it, but the underside is knackered.

Shame to hear bud hut I honestly would spend a little more in money and travel and get the one from Karl (gtibalzer) it's in an amazing condition and needs a good home and it's a massive bargain tbh mate I'd seriously consider it, if you can

....phone....

Back
Top Bottom