The JockMobile

This is my beloved Primera I have to get rid of cause the wife don't like it :(

jockmobile.jpg

Heres the Almera I got last weekend....Standard as far as I can see......it has been a bit neglected tho, and it's my new baby to keep me busy during winter.

DSCF0093.jpg

What I'm going to do:

Phase 2 rear light's
Clear side repeaters
Phase 2 Grill
Phase 2 front lights if they fit.....not had too much tim to search forums so don't flame me if they don't
Rear window wiper mod
Fix the crack in the front splitter
New rear shocks
Fix whatever is wrong with the brakes
possibly M3 mirrors
Colour code the door handles
The 17's are going in favour of 15's.....i prefer 15's
ECU remapped.....read that it can't be done.......will see
New frontpipe(cracked) which I think is fucking up the O2/lamda sensor and making it run crap when its floored
eh eh.......I'm sure there will be more...... cash/wife dependant :lol:

Will post some better pics up when it stops bloody raining

Looks tidy mate, cant see much neglect? Your primera looks lovely aswell. But please no M3 mirrors, there are no base plate fitting kits avaliable for the almera and they will look rubbish anyway. Rest of your plans look spot on though, good luck with them. As for the wife, Keep your pimp hand strong this time!

Nice motor, better then that blue rover behind.

Oh and all P2 bits including the headlights and indicators will fit on your P1, I know cos I did it all to mine.

your wife is weird, i thought they always wanted a practical car?

anyway the almera looks nice, not often you see a phase 1 with the full bodykit still there, usually dont have the front splitter anymore. have to say i would rather have the primera but its the wifes choice at the end of the day :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys...I love the primera too....but it is a big car....and it's turning circle is shat.....

She drives the car more than me (I use me motorbike for work)and driving the primera around town can be a chore if i'm honest, so its only fair, at the end of the day the almera is almost the same but smaller....I could have ended up with a Daewoo or something

I'm happy with the almera. the neglect its suffered is small things, but still cost time/money like the front pipe, the shox, the brakes and wheels. Bodywork is all good apart from the crack in the splitter. I'm glad my mates a mechanic :lol:

hey mate, looks really clean!! welcome to aoc.. the neglect doesnt sound like that much money or time to fix, and because your mates a mechanic it should be fine for you!!

Damo-Sri said:
But please no M3 mirrors, there are no base plate fitting kits avaliable for the almera and they will look rubbish anyway

Cant right agree with you there..
DSC_2791.jpg

You have the full right to think M3 mirrors look ugly,but there are made a plate fitting kit. :)

Jockrock Nice primera you had!:) But as you see im a fan of red Almera´s, and think it look like a pretty decent piece of Almera you got there! ;) :cool: Good luck with the plans! :)

N16 guy said:
Looks like a Toyota Corolla to me, (but I could be wrong) but it certainly i`nt a Rover.

It is a rover m8....my next door neighbours Rover MG ZS

Had loads of probs with it...but hey its a rover...par for the course :lol:

MG ZS isnt it? think n16 guy has seen the mesh grill and thought it wasnt a rover because they were more luxury than sporty

lol Sorry! I can see it is now! :rolleyes:

Thought it was an old shape Corrola, going purely on the shape of the headlight & (what I thought was) the indicator, just visible above the bonnet, thought it was a new shape integra looking @ the grille, then noticed the lights were the wrong shape for a `teg, but also thought it was the wrong shape for a Corrola grille, & thought " nothing else has seperate round headlights & indicators, so it must be a corrola!"

MG/Rovers never even occured to me, probably because I don`t see many round here! :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Pull no punches eh? Little known rover fact: P42 in the owners hand book has a breakdown schedule which is longer than the service schedule........cant think why..............? :D

Shappers said:
Nice generalisation there mate :P

lol all except my dads old(p-reg) 420 gsi, that did 30,000 miles in 2 years and didnt break down once! suppose he's the luckiest man alive, what with having a son like me and a rover that didnt break.

Back
Top Bottom