The New Guy

I

iKon82

Hi everyone, checked out this site afew times now and it looks pretty cool, so as iv just aquired my first almera(GTi), i thought it would be a good idea to register.
as im here i do hav 1 or 2 questions hopefully someone can help me with....Phase1 and 2??? im guessing mines a phase1 being a '98 model? if so, LIGHTS! the front and back clusters on mine look really poor, so i want to tidy them up.. are the phase2 crystal front lights and the rear clusters direct replacement? or am i in for some modification?
Much appreciated if someone can help and im sorry if im askin questions you've probably already answered a thousand times before!!
Cheers guys... iKon82

hi welcome to the site :D
the lights (front & rear) are direct replacements but i would of thought yours being a 98 model it should be the phase 2 kind ? has your got white dails ? if so its a phase 2 for sure

No white dials unfortunately, the cars a very early 98, thats maybe why? but thanks, can start spending money now!!

Crystal Phase 2 front lights shouldnt be to hard to find (2nd hand or new). GTi ones will be a right twat though , as will Phase 2 rear clusters although there easier than GTi fronts

Welcome to the AOC mate.

As Gynx says, it shouldn't be too hard to find the lights, just gotta hunt around.

If you had registered sooner, i've just sold the rear clusters your after. :rolleyes:

thanx guys, but Gynx, now you've lost me!! whats the differance between normal phase2 lights and the GTi type?? i was thinkin their were only phase1 and 2... now theres different ones for Ph2 GTi??? geeeez i should hav kept my mouth shut :eek:

the difference is a subtle one , but a nice one at that. The Phase 2 GTi's are just the same crystal lights , with a black eye shadow so to speak going round the light

You must have just missed out mate mine is a 98 model and is a phase 2 :p

Looks like i got some money to spend then! not to worry, can think of worse things to spend it on other than the car

98 R was the last of the Phase 1's and 98 S was the first of the Phase 2's, ive got a Phase 2 Si and im going to get the Red bits round the ribbed lighte painted blue

Monkey said:
98 R was the last of the Phase 1's and 98 S was the first of the Phase 2's, ive got a Phase 2 Si and im going to get the Red bits round the ribbed lighte painted blue
You mean on the rear? Yeah thinking of similar thing. Was gonna changed them but then the P2 lights are very rare anyway, not many if any other lights look the the mera P2 ones!

Ikon - Welcome to site! If ya cant get crystal lights, i might be able to take the centre crystal part out of the practise ones i got. Dont know what it would be like tho

Back
Top Bottom