The now battered Sunny

I wonder if he/she was drunk and maybe didn't even notice. Still, it's just not right that someone would damage your property and not give you any contact numbers to get it sorted with them. It was either that they were drunk and just didn't notice which is bad enough, or they knew all too well that they'd damaged your car and did a runner which is pretty dishonest. In fact, it's really dishonest. Another possibility is that they weren't even insured.

I had my first bump a week ago on Sunday. My fault, completely - I was paying attention to something else happening on the road and couldn't stop in time. There was no visible damage (I was going about 2-3mph and skidding to a halt) but I gave my details anyway. It never even crossed my mind to lie or run away. I just couldn't do it. I'd feel really guilty. I don't know how other people can.

Gimps. The lot of them. Uninsured drivers, joyriders, drunk drivers, generally dishonest drivers...

Rant over! It's yourself who should be on a rant, not me!

How and when will you get that sorted?

Having a word with my mechanic today, he seems to think that from the damage it's caused and how it's caused it (minimal paint damage and dents) and the fact that it moved the car a foot accross the road sideways and up a kerb smashing the wheel in the process, that it may be a commercial vehicle. Happened sometime between 8am and 6pm last Friday.

The road isn't a bus route, but is a steep straight road that people bomb down. But as there was a green Honda 4x4 parked about 4ft in front of it at all times during the day (possibly still seen in the pictures) I personally think it was low speed and from more of an angle than from behind coming up the road.

Car's in garage now. Two front shocks, tracking. Paint fix to follow, may leave the slight small dents tbh, as it's in a difficult place to fix and the car will become a track slag within the next 12 months where it'll get beaten black and blue. Then obviously a set of wheels, hence me wanting some of the 15" you lot have on your Gti's. Let's hope those on Ebay go my way or I'm ABSOLUTELY fucked. I need this car back asap, it's severly hampering my work at the moment not having it. Total cost will be £4-500 I think.

I really don't envy you. It's a real pain, especially if you care about your car a lot.

It's the first car I've owned that after 12 months doesn't bore me.

Eventual aim is an E30 M3, possibly an AE86 to go with it, and I've always loved 911's, but tbh, this is one car I don't think I'd ever want to get rid of. The intention as soon as possible after graduation next year is to work and strip it, cage, seats, brakes and shocks. Then faff with the engine a bit. And abuse it. That's what cars are made for, really hustling and driving hard, and when the chances arise the Sunny does not dissappoint. I miss her already mate. :(

Car looks sweet mate. I was always after them arch extensions for my sunny but could never find them. You can get your alloy fixed from the place naylor got his almost looks like your wheel is as damaged as his one. Check out the recommended companies thread. Or what about the GTIR wheels there is plenty of them going about for sale. If your stuck give me a shout cause i have a set of the GTIR wheels on my sunny but doubt i will be using the car again so would easily sell the wheels.

Just realised your in Chesterfield!

If you need anybody work doing, I know a sprayer that does a brilliant job, for not a lot! ;)

Hey all. Just come back online to find the set of wheels I was after on Ebay has been swiped because the seller did a U-turn on the buy it now price. Not happy, especially seeing as I've been at work 12hrs today and some twat decided to lay me out whilst I was waiting in town to come home tonight.

The Sunny GTi-R wheels, are they 15's? I'm after some really strong 15" wheels, nothing showy or anything just solid wheels, hence Compo's Speedlines or own Nissan brand.

Bodywork shop? I'm listening.... ;)

Well I got her back today. Many thanks to those concerned for pointing me in the right direction in finding wheels. Andy C now no longer has wheels cluttering up his garage and I am back mobile. Work carried out involved a trip to Newcastle in this:- http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/Dave69-s-car/IMG_0047RS to fetch the wheels from Andy. Suprise suprise it's shyte. Meanwhile the car needed two front struts, a bottom wishbone and a full laser alignment. Car feels great again, though still not sure if there's something still amiss, it could be my head playing tricks on me.

Personally, I think Almera wheels look good on the Sunny:- http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/Dave69-s-car/IMG_0051RS

Work still left to be done is a good clean inside and out, and to sort the paint work where the lorry/bus wheel went down the side of it. But on that score, it isn't through to the metal so won't hurt for the near future and I know a man who'll sort it once I've ben paid.

So, so, SO glad to have her back. She is awesome.

Nice one they do look good and a lot better than the standard GTIR pram wheels

Now, for the track wheels, white Compos or black Minilights? ;)

(Not that it'll happen within the next zillion years or anything)

And by the way, does the forum have anywhere to show videos, or are there any driving videos of fellow Nissan nuts about? Burnouts at cruises do not count... ;)

Glad to hear that the old lady is up and around again :D :D

Looking at your damage I think you should look out for your local garbage truck I have a feeling it might have a red spot on its bumper, over here they are notorious for stunts like that also it is heavy enough to shift your car forcefully enough to couch so much damage to wheels and under wagon with out crashing more bodywork :mad:
Well I hope you find the bastard

If I find anything vaguely HGV with red paint on it IT WILL GET KICKED TO SHIT. Which may be a problem seeing as the main bus services around these parts are all red buses... ;)

Back
Top Bottom