The ultimate loweringsprings guide!

Lowering springs, who are the best one's?

• Total voters
Hi Guy

I'm still debating what to do. Having spoken to Naylor GTi about the Diayama's I have decided that they are not for me. I have spoken to the guy at Teins they said that they don't do coilovers to fit the Nissan Almera GTi N15 as such but do them to fit the Pulsar and they may fit the Almera, has anyone gone down this route? How well do the fit and whats the ride quality like? Also has anyone got K-sport coilovers on their Almera how well do they fit and whats the ride quality like?

Thanks

Sam

If you want coilovers the ride will be harsh whatever brand you get. Its just one of those things, if you like it squishy stick with stock springs/dampers. Daiyamas ride `ok`, K-sports are firmer. TEINS...i dont know.

what would you say about changing the springs on the coilys for softer, would that only work safely/properly if your coilovers had adjustable damping?

NaylorGTI said:
ask any aoc member, any real aoc member, and they'll tell you its not how you stand by your humour, its how you use your humour
in real life Im worse :lol: 0-ripped apart in 10 minutes without cracking a smile
Jack Dee is my hero
you crack me up big time
GTi kurt said:
Why are people still voting on this? Springs are for girls.....coilovers ftw! ha ha
I agree although I got lowering springs on my car
GTi kurt said:
Have to disagree, Everyone 'hears' bad things about the k sports...but never judge a book by it's cover...I've had no problems what so ever with them. Obvisously Tein's maybe better, but for circa £1k I'd expect them to be.
making me think to join the group buy for the k sport's now
TheSam said:
You can buy my Daiyama's unused in the box £545 ;)
im unsure to get Daiyama's or the K-Sports don't want to fork out money twice and do the job twice if you know what i mean
CoV said:
what would you say about changing the springs on the coilys for softer, would that only work safely/properly if your coilovers had adjustable damping?
thats a good point I was wondering about that too

The best thing you can do is save your money and buy some coilovers.
I agree coilovers BUT lets be realistic, do you want to be spending that sort of money of a car thats not hugely valuable, to me seems a bit of a waste of money, however if your keeping the car forever then go for it. Just hate to see you guys wasting loads of cash on a car that'll be shifted in 12 months time.
I always remember saying to the missus, this is it now, i'll be keeping this car for 4-5 yrs....yeah right, 6 months down the road after spending a few grand on mods i would sell it. I would hate to think how much cash i lost over the years but hey that being young and modifying cars for ya!!!

Put set of H+R on mine cos Eibach discontinued.
H+R drop 30mm with standard shocks work really well except front end re-bound is very strong.
Also H+R + Eibach's are the only springs as far as i know, which isnt alot, drop 30mm only. Just found a couple more but not sure how reliable.
Lowering more than 30mm can conflict with standard dampers by putting more pressure on them makin it likely that they would need renewing sooner than later.
I had Eibachs on my Sunny which were brilliant, but again H+ R are great apart from strong re-bound.
cost £145+vat.

the PI's and most of the other springs that claim to drop 40mm just drop the same as the eibachs and h&r's
I dont think you could fit lower springs on the dampers as they would rattle and slip out of place when weight was lifted off that side

Move. bumps sucks.

You could have a higher spring rate at the back, but then you'd have a really harsh ride, and the handling could be off. I guess it would at least stop it bottoming out?

ive got spax springs dont know what they r like yet as they r not fitted but they are not on the poll list
does any one have any idea what they r like??

^ as above ive recently fitted Spax sx -40mm lowering spring to my N15 GTi. love love love very happy no issues.
see my thresd for details

david

There's also a big difference between the comfort from springs/coilovers, thats my excuse for not getting coilovers anyway :O

After riding in Stufagti's car at the weekend I'v got to say that the K-Sports are pretty damn comfy. As comfy as my 35mm drop H&R on KYB shocks I'd say. The reason I didnt get coilovers was for comfort reasons as I commute, but now I wondering if that was such a wise choice...

p.s. can this be made sticky and moved into general performance not just N15 as I think it's relevent. A lot of threads keep being made about 'which springs?' when I'm pretty sure it's all answered in here.

a few of us have ordered the softer spring rate k-sports on the group buy so we can all add our verdict, when they arrive that is

The ride over the bumps is more comfortable and quieter with coilovers than with lowering springs. I have 6kg on the front and 4kg on the rear of my BC Racing BR series coilovers.

I have H&R on my Sport+ and can't recommend them enough, they have totally transformed the handling, not so hard that you feel every bump but firm enough to put a big smile on my face

I have H&R on my Sport+ and can't recommend them enough, they have totally transformed the handling, not so hard that you feel every bump but firm enough to put a big smile on my face

Second that.

Back
Top Bottom