Tints up North

Right guys just been told.

There is no affect with the rear heaters as they do not get hot enough so nothing will be affected there.

They cant do tints on windscreen, not even fades as you just get that with the glass thats made like it. only 6 n half inch strip. they put up to 35% on front sides and as dark as u like on rears, no limit although personally I dont think u can have it totally dark with out being limited to speed of round 50mph. can do things like silver to black, green to black and blue to black but may cost more. they also have the silver one but they dont recommend it and it costs more.

Any other questions just ask and ill find out.

Cheers
Dave

Well still dont like the sound of going over the Heating elements , but aslong as theyve got a lifetime garantee on the film , then im happy with it.

Will just leave the front as it is , not a big fan of sunstrips. Get front Sides at 30 , rear sides at 40 & rear at 50

yep life time guarentee and will not affect so if it does ur covered but he re-assured me it doesnt interfere

the rear tints are 100% not effected by the heated element, i've had mine in 2 years + now & it hasnt effected mine. they even recomend having it switched on when you first get them done to help the film dry out :)

Thought they said something like that!

All just about sorted. Gynx paid deposit, received deposit from mate, and TIIEWL, Byteys on its way so all in order.

Maybe this may sound very stupid, but if you come to Belgrade, I can arrange that for 130e per car. Only problem is in 2000 miles in both directions. But here you can drive on interesting roads (but on wrong side), and if you don't wear a belt, maybe you will pay 8e fine, etc.

That does sound stupid lol although tempting but can be worth the mileage surely! ;)

Wish it was cheap over here, why is it every other country charges a lot lot LOT less for EVERYTHING? Bloody UK taxes

nissanalmerasri said:
That does sound stupid lol although tempting but can be worth the mileage surely! ;)

Wish it was cheap over here, why is it every other country charges a lot lot LOT less for EVERYTHING? Bloody UK taxes

4 some things in life is better to live in Serbia or something like this, but......
You'll understand if you once come here, why is life here so interesting. Simply, you have to see and feel. :D :D

Right guys deposit paid! £205 (d'oh forgot bout charge, would have sent cheque!) Anyway all paid for deposits now and set for 11th Sept

now i gotta find the extra money to pay rest after bloody tax renewal £165 :eek: lol time for mid-month advance on pay!

PM's sent (here just incase anybodies was full)

nissanalmerasri said:
Can anybody recommend a tint place in Yorkshire or near?

Got two quotes upto now, one from a place in Newcastle for £200 and one from Dapaa Tints in Newcastle I think for £250 who say they will beat any quote and give a lifetime guarentee. Got one more place in Sheffield to try and thats about all the places I know. Wanted closer Yorkshire but if one is recommended and a fair price will go there.

Bear in mind its a 5 door and the tints are for all windows except windscreen of course.

Not quite sure where £200 one is - email said
click here; Tints Window Tinting, Window Tinting, England, Newcastle - so i typed it in yahoo an came up with a place.

Cheers
just having trouble understanding why you all want to pay 150 quid plus to get your windows tinted i have just bought two rolls of very high quality and thick window tint in dark smoke off ebay and i did it my self . it took me two hours to do and cost me 20 quid . and it was piss easy . there is not one bubble in them and they look like they were done by a pro

nissanalmerasri said:
Right guys deposit paid! £205 (d'oh forgot bout charge, would have sent cheque!) Anyway all paid for deposits now and set for 11th Sept

now i gotta find the extra money to pay rest after bloody tax renewal £165 :eek: lol time for mid-month advance on pay!

PM's sent (here just incase anybodies was full)

This means that you are not coming to Serbia? :confused:

sri98 said:
This means that you are not coming to Serbia? :confused:
lol no. maybe bit too far for us.

As for prices, done professionally is better really and guarenteed. any probs u buy new film, we go back to get fixed.

Speakin to the guy at my local motorworld yesterday about tints and for sunroof and he said leave it like it is. If ya get pulled for some reason, pull the sunroof shutter open quickly then if its for tints it allows that bit more light through into the car and they cant say anything. Nice trick i thought. Anyway dont know who had the sunroof so thought i'd put it here.

Oh and getting pics developed today so should be able to get em up on thursday

nissanalmerasri said:
If ya get pulled for some reason, pull the sunroof shutter open quickly then if its for tints it allows that bit more light through into the car and they cant say anything.

Didnt work for me mate when they pulled me...well in fact i was just standing outside the car chatting to some of the north east lads when they pulled up and tested mine. Put simply even the lightest smoke tint is illegal now on the front side windows. I had the medium smoked tint on mine. The new light sensors they use clip onto either side of the window so they dont need natural light. 30 quid fine and chance of prosecution if i didnt remove them within 7 days and was caught again.

lol looks like TIIEWLS buggered then with his pimp ride lol (i will stop callin it that at some point!)

Sounded like a good plan when he said it! Glad i went for the lightest one, just have to avoid coppers till i can put window down! 4 days and counting

TII's looked mint lol , bit to dark like but bloody suited the car well.

Did suit the car defo, when every1 went for same then his was done medium all round it was so funny, will have to wait for him to be askin for prices for just fronts done very light!lol when he has to rip those out. :rolleyes:

never know he may not get stopped at all!

LOL

Having trouble already - of of my mates spotted me yesterday and *apparently* was flashing me on the motorway - mind you, get that a lot now with my new stance on middle-laners :)

lol if it was a1 or m1 when i was still wiv ya then i think i saw them flash coz i wondered wtf it was!

as for the middle laners :mad: gggrrrr....bloody hate em! Even early in morning they do it so u come all from 1st lane to 3rd then back to 1st just to overtake some prat doin 70 in middle lane!

will have to let us know when u first get pulled and how much it costs!!lol ;)

i put my lights on yesterday when it was still pretty light coz i reversed so looked out back n it was dark in there! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom