'Txt Speak'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetetic

Time to call a day on this. There is no need to use this when you have a fully functioning keyboard. There are no issues with using a few abbrieviations or unintentional mistakes but continued and deliberate use of 'txt speak' will not be tolerated. It does not make for easy reading and it brings down the quality of threads when it's used. The whole point of it originally was to get as much information into a text message with a limited number of characters. This is not an issue on an internet forum so there is no need for it.

From now on any posts in which it is used in abundance will be deleted.

Obviously this never sunk in. It's part of the forum rules, it look's shit and is completely pointless so stop being lazy.

ok, any posts (That aren't by newbies who don't know better) that use txt spk excessively will now just be deleted. This includes just writing things as a stream of consciousness, like:

i went to the park and then i had sum fish fingers and then i bought a gti lol but i was nt rdy 4 da powah lol and then i brought an xzorst 4 it but it woz 2 load so mi m8 tuk it off and shuvd it up his drainPipe trousers lmao

Reasoning is I can't be fussed with constantly correcting people and coming across as a grammar nazi. I do it because typin 'lyk dis' makes things hard to read and makes the forum look like its used by a load of chav twats.

So I'm just going to delete them from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom