urgent help?

can you help?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
my nissan almera for the last few weeks has been playing up. i start it and pull away and it feels like theres no power, but i put this down to the weather. however 2 days ago i drove 10 seconds down my street and it cut out on e and now wont start at all. it turns over but doesnt fire. my dads a had a look at it but cant seem to find anything wrong, but my friend had a look and said its the timing chain, but my dads determined its not cos theres no engine management light lit and theres no rattling. it sounds asif theres no petrol in the car which there is.
i really dont want to take it to a garage for them to charge me hundreds of pounds that i cant afford.
can anyone help???

Is it even turning over ? Could be a number if things.
No power is normal for a 1.5 I have the twin cam and its painfully slow.

I'm sure you would know if the chain had gone it would have sounded like a million bolts trying to get out a tin can.

Check the obvious first, fuel, electrics, coils, ect ect .

Sent from my GT-N7105

Chains rattle like a bitch when they are stretched generally the first sign you need to get it looked at before it finally lets go !
Even if the chain had stretched possibly jumped a tooth it will still try to start and fire, possibly run but very rough

Sent from my GT-N7105

If a chain was stretched to the extent it could skip a tooth I'd bet it would just jump off the cog.

Timing chain stretch, I think you're thinking of 1.0 and 1.2 Corsas. I've not heard anyone mention noises on the 1.5 timing chain stretch issues. More sensor related causes by a stretched chain

Back
Top Bottom