Vlad N15

Hi guys, so this is my car, it's not an GTi but I am not so much focused on power as much on handling :)

it's ga14de powered n15 from 1997., 5 doors version,car is from first owner and it's in great conditon,engine had 70.000km when i bought it few months ago, which is i think around 43.000miles.
pics in few days...

things i have done:

-50mm front springs full stiff custom made (not cutted)
-20mm rear springs full stiff custom made (not cutted)
15mm rear wheel spacers
front custom made adjustable strut bar
rear custom made adjustable strut bar
GTi wheels with 195/50/15 tires
GTi rear spoiler
custom made sport seats (original seats but with extra support for corners)

Car handles great but it's to stiff and still to tall for me...
so I am looking for some coilovers, here in Croatia I got oportunity to buy some D2 coilovers for OK price so I wanted to ask did anyone tried them on n15 or do you have some other coilovers to reccomend?
and are there any difficulties in mounting them?

i have only this photo from my pda, and it's without rear spoiler, i will post some photos in few days because it's terrible weather outside...
BC racing you say, any problems with mounting them on car?

None, all the problems from previous coilover failures have been addressed with these BC ones.

The rear is too high on your 'mera fo sho!

yes, it's to high for sure...because first they made me to low rear springs, than when i came back with them to manufacturer I was afraid they don't mistake again and I told them only 2 cm lower, and now ii like this...:rolleyes:
but when i sit in car it comes down a little bit and looks OK.
eidt: that's reason more why I want coilovers...

Look for a GTi/SRi front bumper they look wads better with the foggies.

srifront2.jpg

yeah i agree get searching for a P1/P2 sri/gti bumper, look loads better :)

looks like you have a gtiexhaust on there too! :)
and def look for BC racing coilovers much better :)

I am looking for gti bumper and gti front lights since i bought this car, but this cars are quite rare here in my country....
Exhaust and everything on engine is stock, there is only bigger exhaust tip welded onto original rear muffler to be a GTi look like...i don't want it to be loud, it's 1.4 engine in there after all :P

OK, today I wanted to put my rear viper into horisontal position as it is on GTi...
So I took my spare gti rear doors from which i have allready took spoiler....

took a viper engine down from GTi-s rear doors,

and put it onto my rear doors and thought it will move viper left -> right as it goes on GTi, but....
it is still going right -> left....
so i tried to change it's polarity, but all i have managed to do is to burn the rear viper fuse :O

On this photo you can see what I have tried to do...

first I switched wires 3 and 4 but nothing changed, but when i switched wires 1 and 2 it burnes fuse...
wire 5 is a ground....

So does anyone now how to change rear viper direction?

Its not about swapping the wiper direction, you have to swap over the lever that attaches to the motor wheel to the opposite side. :)

Its not about swapping the wiper direction, you have to swap over the lever that attaches to the motor wheel to the opposite side. :)

hm...can you explain that little bit more?
maybe you could just circle that "lever" on this picture...

i made it...it was quite easy...
but without original metal ring (number 2) that holds lever (number 1) in place, it cannot be done properly, i tried with plastic sleeve as it says in the article you gave me but there was still some free space in there...so I took out metal ring and put it into oposite hole and now it's like from factory :)

Back
Top Bottom