Vlad N15

it sits perfectly, with no play at all, because I used original ring...
to get it out first you have to clean grease that is in the same hole where the ring is and then use some spray for loosing contact, such as WD40, and just pull it out with a screwdriver...
and then put it back in oposite hole with a hammer, and put some grease back on it....and that's the hole story ;)

eidt:

Hey guys,
I got one question about suspension and coilovers...

I found out that there are 2 different suspension specifications, one for cars made before 7. month 1997, and one for other made after 1997., they say difference is in height for front suspension and difference in width on the rear, so I wanted to ask what is situation when puting coilovers on car?do I have to watch on this?
and I wanted to ask about this BC coilovers, I heard that they are not hard enough when you adjust them to hardest, is that true?

With normal spring/shock setup yes one has to watch for phase1/phase2 but with Coilovers its one size fits all N15's

BC's a win all around... if you worried they wont be stiff enough? Get the stiffer spring set of 8/6 vs 5/4 that most opt for.. then say goodbye to your spine ;)

Eddie

and I wanted to ask about this BC coilovers, I heard that they are not hard enough when you adjust them to hardest, is that true?

The damping can go very hard on my BC's. Maybe the older versions didnt? But these gen2 BCs are brilliant. Like Eddie says if you're going on track a lot then get the stiffer spring setup. 5/4 is fantastic for comfort on the road at a low damping setting (and even fast road), then wack the damping up for the track and it's awesome. A stiffer spring will just give you that little bit less bodyroll on track.

thanks guys, especially Edk, that's great answer...
I have contacted BC racing uk, they have OK prices for their coilovers but my custom will put me 23% tax on that price and than is not so good price anymore....their coilovers are 649 gbp + 23% tax + shiping, it would cost me around 850 gpb to get them to croatia :eek:
and this brand new d2 coilovers I can get for 487 gpb which is almost half cheaper then those BC so I am asking my self a question, are those BC racing really 2 times better then D2 racing?

D2 coilovers are horrible. they are extremely harsh on the road i was in a range of cars with them and hated every moment. Tein are extremely good and what i would recommend but BC are supposed to be as good i have not been in a car with BCs before so i cant tell you anything about them. but id stay away from D2s for sure

You should be able to be part of the group buy for BC's if you are not already. Extreem in Australia was part of the K-Sport group buy with Apex Performance so no reason why you can't for the BC's either. That'll get you a nice discount ;).

Okay, you made me interested :)
ther is just one more question for final check, stock suspension/coilovers for 3 and 5 door version are the same?

D2 coilovers are horrible. they are extremely harsh on the road i was in a range of cars with them and hated every moment. Tein are extremely good and what i would recommend but BC are supposed to be as good i have not been in a car with BCs before so i cant tell you anything about them. but id stay away from D2s for sure

Iv'e got D2's on mine and I don 't really find them harsh at all and i have driven to Germany with them. But, thats just my opinion. It seems a no brainer to me if your saving 400 notes.

well, it's not 400gbp anymore if I would get them over group buy...it's around 250-300gbp but it is still very big difference...but I don't want to buy 4 different makes of coilovers to realize which are good and which are not...
I found quite a lot bad things about d2 coils on the internet, while for BC racing I haven't found anything bad...so...

Okay, here is new plan...:rolleyes:

I made an excellent deal with a local as I could say "racing engineer"
This guy is making custom racing parts, including suspension for racing cars last 5-6 years, and it's very hard to get to him, and he's well known on croatian racing scene, and cars for which he made suspension make great results on competitions, this year one was second on hill, and one was 3rd...with no damages on suspension at all....
that's enough reference to me...he will make me suspension just as I want, but they will not be adjustable, that is the reason why it will be so cheap...but the car will be on the floor and hard just as it needs to be, without strange noises and other possible problems...
he already made me rear wheel spacers and strut bars and made an excellent job, he made adjustable suspension to friend of mine which costed quite a lot, but he is driving on them for around year and half with no problems at all....work will begin within 2 weeks, I will inform you with pics...

Okay, I found some second hand Almera gti suspension, and we will use them as platform for custom sport suspension...and stock almera 1.4 springs will be used as example for custom made springs...
so here is picture of stock gti suspension vs 1.4 stock springs...

now i am having some serious trouble with deciding how low should I go....so I am very interested how low have you go guys...
as my almera is very high stock, I thought to lower it front -80mm(3.15 inch) and at rear -60mm(2.35 inch), what do you think?

Ok, i found almera gti steering wheel in good condition, now I only wander if my airbag can be used in gti steering wheel?because if I just connect gti airbag and wheel it wont work...

Will it not? I think some people like shaggy_master and fossil_fuels have swapped to the GTi wheel, they may be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom