Wazza's Ph2 GTI

cheers guys a couple of slightly better photos,

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

right even though i have said all along i will not be tuning this car i have decided to build another engine to go in her ( just cant help myself).
had to do a fair bit of learning over the last few days as i have never been into Jap cars until now, so if anyone has any better ideas than the ones i list below please feel free to educate me.
i am not going for huge power but i am aiming to build a nice fast and free reving engine, my thoughs on spec i will list below

GTI Block honed
SR16VE pistons
New rings and bearings
JWT S3 cams (or maybe wilder cams with upgraded valve springs)
knife edged crank
lightened and balanced Flywheel
Performance header (not decided on brand yet)
custom exhaust (again not decided on brand)
Induction kit (not sure on brand)
Adjustable FPR
ECU remap and maybe raise the rev limit
Think thats about it for the moment, building it will start in the new year, not sure how long it will take as i hopefully will be moving house next year so its all a cash flow thing really.

opinions/ suggestions welcome

just done a compression test on my engine, results are 13 bar on 3 cylinders and 10 bar on 1 :( in other words fucked !!!
Going to have to source a new engine in the new year but due to financial constraints i will just be building a healthy standard engine for the moment.

how do u do a compression test?

just with a compression tester, avalable for your local Halfords for £18, take all the plugs out, the compression tester screws in where your plugs go, disconnect dizzy, hold throttle butterfly open and crank the engine until guage stops going up, compleate on the other 3 cylinders

well had some good news today, went to do a leak test to see if it was the bottom end knackered or top end, redone compression test and all was fine 11 bar on all cylinders, must have been a problem with my mates compression tester first time round :D
So as you can imagine i am well happy !!

Back
Top Bottom