Weso's GTi

Bit more lightening done today, interior strip is well on the way :thumb:
Few quick pics -
Image0085.jpg

Image0084.jpg

Image0086.jpg

Pretty much just door cards and sound deadening shite to go.
Oh and sunroof, leccy windows, central locking etc. etc.
Finally back to work tomorrow, so might be able to spend some money on her soon!
Oh and before any clever fecker comments the front seats are now back in.
Toodle pip.
Wes :)

Been a little while since I updated this, so here's a few pics to show what's been going on -
Interior now fully stripped out. All sound deadening gone (what a bitch of a job) and two coats of smoothrite on -
Image0022.jpg

GTiR seats in. Not a direct fit as I was told by the bloke I bought them off, but you live and learn.
Image0020.jpg

Image0025.jpg

Image0026.jpg

All welding and underbody rust done -
Image0024.jpg

Image0023.jpg

Sunroof mechanism etc. all out blank in (big thanks to Shaggy_master
Image0021.jpg

That's about it for the time being, will update when more done if anyone's interested.
Wes

Oh yeah forgot to say that it's also just had a new clutch kit fitted, and last week the most important bit of all -
Image0027.jpg

So it'll be on the road for another 12 months at least!
Wes

Been a little while since I updated this, so here's a few pics to show what's been going on -
Interior now fully stripped out. All sound deadening gone (what a bitch of a job) and two coats of smoothrite on -
Image0022.jpg

GTiR seats in. Not a direct fit as I was told by the bloke I bought them off, but you live and learn.

yeah those seats look a bit wonky....

what advisories were you given? :P

yeah those seats look a bit wonky....

what advisories were you given? :P

Drivers side is now right, pax seat is still not level, but will probably get chucked eventually, so I'm not going to piss about with it for hours only to then bin it.
MOT advisories (after all the welding was done) consisted of a chip in the windscreen and a note saying there was no back seats.
Result.

Haven't updated this for ages, so here goes.
Loads done to the car since last update -
SSC header and downpipe
Decat
Custom cat back
Lowered 40mm on Spax SSX springs with stock dampers
Momo steering wheel
Loads more strippage including air con delete etc.
Finally got it on track at Snetterton, which is only about 1/2 an hour from me. For those that don't know, MSV have spent loads adding a whole new infield section to Snet, and the new layout is mega compared to the old one. Anyway a few pics -
RS2_6032.jpg

RS2_6019.jpg

RS2_6006.jpg

RS2_6066.jpg

Next jobs include fitting the Corbeau buckets that are in my shed, tidy up the wiring, fit some yellow stuff front pads, and try and work out why I've now got a fucking ABS light on!
Cheers ta
Wes

i take it you were on the 300 circuit, its now an awsum track, as before it was boring as hell lol

how did you get the sunroof blank to seal? ... and get some coilovers! ;)

Steve

i take it you were on the 300 circuit, its now an awsum track, as before it was boring as hell lol

how did you get the sunroof blank to seal? ... and get some coilovers! ;)

Steve
Yeah was the 300 circuit. It is the tits, and they've left the bombhole alone as well which is great, as I love that corner.
Took me 3 attempts to seal the sunroof blank, finally did it with an inch bead of sealer all around the joint between blank and roof.
No coilovers unless I find a set v cheap, this is a budget track toy, and for the price people want for second hand coilies I could do 2 more full days.
Wes

Back
Top Bottom