03' Mera' 2.2 dci SXE Pics

MORE PICS

Thought i'd post some pics up as i've been a member a few weeks, not that clean it's to cold!
UPDATE.....
So far spent far to much on this "reliable" nissan as follows
2 Drive belts
Various Bulbs
Wiper Blades
Numberplates
Keyfob
Battery
Wheel nut key
Primer spray etc
Underseal
Wheel bearing
Service Kit
EGR cleaner
TOTAL £230
Plus 4 Tyres & Tax
£250
So it hasn't been to bad nearly had it 5 months £100 a month and shouldn't need touching till MOT in November for that rear caliper that i haven't got round to.

Don't know what to mod first but i've had some prices and figures back from a local Remapping guy.
CODE 1 £275
160BHP
354Nm
CODE 2 £325
166BHP
365Nm

Is that the best thing to go for first?
Will anything need to be upgraded/rated?

I found a huge intake pipe in the workshop and hooked that up seems suck that little bit better.

Some pics of me mums primera.

And the alloys that need rid

Changed pollem filter have a look at the difference!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 70
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 55
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 59
  • vday 091.jpg
    vday 091.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 36
  • vday 071.jpg
    vday 071.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 45
  • vday 054.jpg
    vday 054.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 32
  • vday 059.jpg
    vday 059.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 43
  • vday 065.jpg
    vday 065.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 39
  • vday 075.jpg
    vday 075.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 38
  • vday 080.jpg
    vday 080.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 38
  • vday 089.jpg
    vday 089.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 37
  • P1050056.jpg
    P1050056.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 42
  • P1050052.jpg
    P1050052.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 41
  • P1050063.jpg
    P1050063.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 45
  • P1050042.jpg
    P1050042.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 45
  • vday 037.jpg
    vday 037.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 11
  • vday 028.jpg
    vday 028.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 9
  • vday 016.jpg
    vday 016.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 9
  • vday 001.jpg
    vday 001.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 8
  • vday 020.jpg
    vday 020.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 10
  • vday 009.jpg
    vday 009.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 10
Ed is there anyway of fitting an aftermarket headunit into these things. it's just a shame that my headunit is sitting collecting dust

Have a search :) It's been talked about extensively. Most expensive way but imo best way is with the Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro system. There are other ways to get a head unit into the car too, as I've posted about in a few ICE threads. Let me know if you can't find the threads and I'll try and dig them out :).

yeah man,
befroe you remap it you have 100% def got to get a turbo back custom exhaust, custom FMIC, and then your remap,
BUT the turbo's in these cars arnt the most reliable if your upping the boost so best to get a Turbo technics stg1 hybrid first :)

I only ask cos' it's the best power advantage for money! And the chap at the shop said i would'nt need to upgrade anything just plug it in 2 hours later and drive off, but hey there hard sellers cheer!

Nice update, those pics looks good :thumb:. Your local remapping guy; are you sure he can remap the denso ECU in these cars?

He reckons so ed, got a rolling road there for before and after so I believe, so would you say exhaust an intercooler first likes yours then remap?

You might want to get him to plug in to your ECU first because I've been disappointed so many times in the past by a tuning company saying they can remap it, only to realise that they can't when trying.

It would mean you'd get the most of the remap by doing those mods first. Definitely the exhaust anyway as it makes a big improvement. Also as Stu says, watch out for that stock turbo. Read the turbo section of my DCi Tuning thread to get the detail on that and why you need to be cautious.

People who say they can but can't is getting quite annoying..... Re spare key, bought fob, chap supplied new key and transponder but couldn't program it to car so got a shinty spare key with fob and blank transponder waiting to find somewhere to program it! Just e-mailed remap chap re denso ecu's and awaiting reply, fingers crossed

Even if you get a reply saying 'no problem' or 'we can remap anything' don't get your hopes up :O. Not until he actually connects to your ECU and tells you then. Sorry for being to sceptical but I think that's the reality of it :/

If it's not too far for you try the Prochips dealer in St. Helens. Best chance that they can do what they claim as they pioneered the first map on a Nissan Navara which also has a Denso ECU. Other Prochip dealers may also be able to do this because of the chain connection and sharing tech. I've got a Prochips dealer in Portsmouth to chase up too. I'll only be going to visit them to get the info I need as I'll never trust info over the phone, email or internet again (regarding a remap for this car) :lol:.

I don't know if you've noticed it before but rstuning have updated there website saying that " they can remap the awkward denso diesel ecu's such as almera 2.2dci 136"

Even if you get a reply saying 'no problem' or 'we can remap anything' don't get your hopes up :O. Not until he actually connects to your ECU and tells you then. Sorry for being to sceptical but I think that's the reality of it :/

If it's not too far for you try the Superchips dealer in St. Helens. Best chance that they can do what they claim as they pioneered the first map on a Nissan Navara which also has a Denso ECU. Other superchip dealers may also be able to do this because of the chain connection and sharing tech. I've got a Superchips dealer in Portsmouth to chase up too. I'll only be going to visit them to get the info I need as I'll never trust info over the phone, email or internet again (regarding a remap for this car) :lol:.

Yup, I've learned that lesson too Ed - although it is a bit frustrating sometimes. I've got someone looking into the possibility of using a Nistune chip for mine, but he's adamant he can give me a straight 'yes or no' from the ECU serial no's. Just waiting on a reply . . . . .

That's over a year old and they since have sold on the kit that allowed them to do this (don't know why they still claim they can on their website). I took my car to RS Tuning and Paul there said he couldnt do it (and was when he told me the kit had been sold on), but might have a way of doing it with the new GTR and 370z tuning kit they have. No easy way of testing that seeing as they are in Leeds, and he didnt offer to try it there and then understandably as they had a few cars on the go at the time.

He wouldnt tell me who it was it was sold too, but I suspect Superchips as they have been able to do the Navara.

Back
Top Bottom