03' Mera' 2.2 dci SXE Pics

Contact your local Nissan and they will run the VIN to see if you've had recall work done. You will have a Denso ECU though either way.

I would recommend RSTuning for the remap from person experience.

cheers ed,rang nissan today and they said they will replace the ecu,will they replace it with a bosch esc or something else?why do you recommend rs tuning for a remapp as they quoted me £445 + vat,thought that was expensive,angel tuning emailed me today saying they cannot remapp my car,yet they have it listed on their website for £320 incl an air filter: taz: thanks again for your help....:clap:

cheers ed,rang nissan today and they said they will replace the ecu,will they replace it with a bosch esc or something else?why do you recommend rs tuning for a remapp as they quoted me £445 + vat,thought that was expensive,angel tuning emailed me today saying they cannot remapp my car,yet they have it listed on their website for £320 incl an air filter: taz: thanks again for your help....:clap:

you get what you pay for in life, you should have seen the trouble Paul had mapping ed's ECU, I wouldn't trust any random place to do it TBH. Ed had the balls to be the guinea pig and it paid off :)

Reactions: edk
yeah,that is true,has anyone ever dealt with celtic tuning for remapping.spoke to them and emailed them several times and they say they can remapp 2.2 dci to aprox 160-170 bhp........bit skeptical after reading these threads.

yeah,that is true,has anyone ever dealt with celtic tuning for remapping.spoke to them and emailed them several times and they say they can remapp 2.2 dci to aprox 160-170 bhp........bit skeptical after reading these threads.

possibly, with eds figures with a hybrid and intercooler etc. I reckon 160-170 is doable, but since the stock turbo is made of cheese I probably wouldn't push it that far :)

193 bhp just after mapping, with 320 torqes IIRC

He had it on another rolling road not long ago and it was slightly down on those figures, but I aint getting into the rolling road argument again!

looks like i will have to get some doe together and give rs tuning a call,think there in leeds!

I recommend them for the same reasons Hally says. It's a complex procedure on our cars to remap it so trust Paul at RSTuning to do it plus from example he writes a good map.

Your Denso ECU will be replaced with another Denso ECU which will hold a different map.

possibly, with eds figures with a hybrid and intercooler etc. I reckon 160-170 is doable, but since the stock turbo is made of cheese I probably wouldn't push it that far :)

This is true.

hi there ed,will i notice any difference to driving the car when they have changed the esc?.....:confused:

I didnt notice anything so you probably won't. They only change the way the ECU reacts to overboost.

cheers ed,need to go and clean the car as i live just off the seafront and it is all white with sea salt,keep you posted about esc,thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom