03' Mera' 2.2 dci SXE Pics

the ph2 1.8 is Denso too? I didnt realise. Keep me informed please Paul :)

Ah no worries. Well hope you manage to find a solution too :) I thought all Bosch units can be remapped but obviously not!

Ed dms automotive down in Andover are "able to do denso units" but "at a cost" they deal with bentleys, Ferrari, lambo etc......... The search continues then. I don't know if there using piggyback systems, complete wipe and map or otherwise????

Colchester fuel injection are head of uk sales of Delphi/denso software,diagnostics and products and surely would be able to point in the right direction?

If you go piggyback (which I might end up doing) then go Dastek. Although E-manage has been recommended too but I've not done any ground work on that. That's not technically being able to 'do denso' as it's a work around. It's possible they say they will solder on a ROM chip to be able to access the ECU but I've heard horror stories about ECUs failing soon after and them having to fork out £500-600 on a new replacement ECU. That may well depend on who's doing the work though of course. But you can never be 100% sure of who you're dealing with.

Sounds likely mate, give them a shout :)

Lovely car, really good pics too, it just looks so right... only downside is the 5 door bit but i suppose its practical and cool!!!

If you go piggyback (which I might end up doing) then go Dastek. Although E-manage has been recommended too but I've not done any ground work on that. That's not technically being able to 'do denso' as it's a work around. It's possible they say they will solder on a ROM chip to be able to access the ECU but I've heard horror stories about ECUs failing soon after and them having to fork out £500-600 on a new replacement ECU. That may well depend on who's doing the work though of course. But you can never be 100% sure of who you're dealing with.

Sounds likely mate, give them a shout :)

I've also heard of failures soon after with these chip 'mods' - it is a bit of a worry.

This is what I had back after asking about denso units! Martin, we have the Almera 2.2 TD listed with 136bhp as std which we can remap. Looking at the device we use, the ECU is a bosch, so until we try to read your car we would be unable to say 100%, but if it will read we can almost definitely write back to it, and reading it (or attempting to) will cause no problems, and will not oblige you or cost you anything until we write the new map. If you want to discuss any further or call in to attempt to read the ECU.

I'd trust a professional when it comes to installing a daughter board, but I wouldn't attempt it personally, as a friend of mine fried his ECU (actually melted the board!) trying to fit a H-Dev 'Stage 2' chip to his CA18DET ECU. Luckily they are non-Nats so he got a cheapo replacement, but if it were the N16 ECU, you can guarantee it won't be cheap to replace (especially from Nissan! £££££££).
Regarding Remapping, as mentioned I'd do all the mods you ever plan on doing first, as they will all be made the most of when it comes to mapping time. Mapping should be the finishing touch to your car so to speak, the last thing you do (i.e its pointless mapping the car then changing parts = mapping wasted!).
I'd DEFINITELY go for a Piggyback ECU as Ed the N16 guru pointed out, I'd probably pick Dastek too, as there is dealers all over the country, the chip itself is tried & tested & proven over time, and its cheap to get Mapped (£250ish or £50 per hour once the chip's installed!)
Also, welcome, and nice looking car :)
Joe

It's not Bosch. I don't know where these tuners are getting their list from but it's wrong. A couple of others tried to tell me it's Bosch too... until I then showed them pictures of the ECU.

lol yes, followed by no we can't map that :lol:
The ph1 Di had a Bosch ECU though so maybe the list is a carry on from that.

Variable valve timing control
Rev limiter control
Electronic turbo boost level & limit control
Water spray control
Propane injection
Nitrous oxide injection
Variable induction control
Road speed limiter
Speedometer conversion and calibration
Shift light
quite like the sound of this!

Not yet....! Sorry, but speaking to a man who works at denso said £600 for new ecu which is crackable but then you've got the re-map on top so isn't really viable, but give you £80 for old one to re-condition and flog wupty do!! So search continues.....

hi guys,been reading about the ecu,s on the almera sxe dci,how can i find out if mine was done by nissan on the recall,and how do i tell which esc i have,bosch or denso?.spoke to three remapping companys,celtic tuning,angel tuning and rs tuning and they all say they can remapp these cars,lots of info would be appreciated,thanks......

Back
Top Bottom