1998 GTi....needs some major tlc!

glad to see you got the skirts on however they are on the wrong sides :(

nice work so far, youve improved it 110%!!

yes i know! well someone told me to use tigerseal to put them on but even after 5 hours even clamped to the car they just fell of! tigerseal is pants lol
so out came the old pop rivet gun!
i looked at another car with them on and i dont mind them that way round, they are on really just to hide that horrible plate welded on the sill.

it was a pig back then! still aint perfect ie last night one of my mates driving behind me said my left indicator kept coming on when i braked? well the numpty who had it before had wired his subwoofer led's into the left side wiring for the indicator and it was arcing out! 10 mins fix with some leccy tape and it was sorted...soldering it up this week.

also found a very small hole on the inner arch so i will drop a quick spot weld on it and smooth off and seal it.

know the feeling my mate bought a civic, and i had to re wire the complete back end as all the wiring had been mess up... and in both front doors... i even re wired his electric windows and sunroof :D

actually thinking back didnt he break his motor! so it cant be his!

ive never seen this around and im in middlesbrough

dan or wezz may have bumped into it though

Your very good. The TLC you show your this car probably applies to all your cars, and I'd be willing to bet you've kept most of them in good nick. Takes a fair bit of knowledge to be able to DIY fix all the stuff you have too.
Good Stuff!

i soooooooooooo hate cleaning cars lol!

or at least detailing - giving them a wash over and jet washing the bay arches etc dont bother me

but damn clay bar etc and waxing etc bored the living daylights out of me!

i would rather be greasy and oily working on the mechanical parts any day

Back
Top Bottom