245/40/17 phatt-ness

are they the widest tyres on an almera at the moment??

I have 245/50/15's on the front at the moment, with no scrubbing.

You do realise however that that is a 24.7" tall tyre.

Unless you've increased your horsepower substantially, then you will only being slowing your cars acceleration down.

Looks good though!

if you wanted faster times down the quarter, why didnt you buy drag radials, or semi slicks?

would have been a better option.

I have 245/50/15's on the front at the moment, with no scrubbing.

You do realise however that that is a 24.7" tall tyre.

Unless you've increased your horsepower substantially, then you will only being slowing your cars acceleration down.

Looks good though!

hi dave so 245 is the width lol yes i know there a tall wheel i wanted to get some track slicks for some 15" wheels i have but i have no cash whatsoever these were pushing my budget also my front tyres were bald so new tyres were needed..

the first challenge i have set myself is to get an unmolested (power wise) GTi into the 14's alright its got an exhaust and an induction kit but these will add nothing in my eyes t the power maybe a couple HP if anything so the plan was extream diet and as much grip as i can get..

my end speed on every run i have done is nigh on 90mph regardless of tyre size iv had my times have only been affected by the 60ft launch times if it slows it down then i know that my next move will have to be more power to make up for the added drag but more power with the old tyres would have been even worse.. lts my learning curve lol

Completely gut the GTi and you will run into the 14's!

Its probably the most "gutted" gti on here.

17052008485.jpg

it is gutted lol but im pritty sure the engine is past its best she rattles like a ford.. i think the lifters have air in them and are compressing shut to quick loosing some lift and causing a tapping noise..

There's plenty more to gut there my friend...

Cover on the handbrake, door trims, door supports, door impact bars, glass front on the cluster gauges, wiring guards.

Get to work Ian!!!

LOL!

theres a couple things left i like the door cards though handy place to put my wallet and phone as i carnt sit in the seat properly with them in mi pocket...

like i said i want a 14 then i can move on to the next stage...

put ur wallet and phone on the floor, where the pass seat use to be!

and no offense oscar, but your car is the perfect example, of how not to mod a 16. cut springs...
your kidding youself. yes it looks good, but do it right, or not at all. i'm sure u'd fail an mot with cut springs.

...:eek:...:confused:...:eek:

NEVER heard of cut lowering springs. and yes. to pass an mot you need to have the correct number of coils

again :eek:

hmmmm intresting i didnt know mot places had a book with every oem and after market lowering spring set in it with there suposed number of coils! learn somthing new every day!...

there 35mm lowering spring with a coil cut out it increased there stiffness and actually there new rate is spot on.. just need some KYB shocks and they will be perfect.. alot nicer than the D2's i had on my micra.. i think when i get round to coilovers tein are they only way to go..

lowering springs have the same number of coils as oem springs, and i would guess that that information is in the same place as the emmissions information. plus it can't be hard to spot cut springs. my mates dads merc failed because one of the coils sheared off. made no difference to the ride but the dude failed him for it.

take the gamble if you wanna. im just stating. thats why lowering kits exist

no im affraid lowering srings dont always have the sane coils my freinds suzuki had more! coils on his spax springs than standard.. also the coilover conversion kit shaggy master had off my old almera have more coils on them aswell as being a completly different shape lol

...:eek:...:confused:...:eek:

NEVER heard of cut lowering springs. and yes. to pass an mot you need to have the correct number of coils

again :eek:

Eh? sounds like scare mongering to me. If done properly you can cut springs ( i`ve done it and passed MOTs ) and i doubt VERY much a MOTer counts the coils.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom