Anyone got PI springs fitted?? (or Eibachs)

Yeah mate their fine.. Front looks lower than the rear, the ride hasnt changed much, I was expecting to kinda regret it, but its not too bad compared to the pro's you get with them.. obviously not as good as coils but for what I need them for their brill..

I had a slight problem when they were 1st fitted, they were clunking at first (front 2 springs) when I was applying full lock.. took it back in and they sorted it out..

The car handles way way better compared to standard and it feels more stable, and looks a lot better sitting slighly lower!!

Only thing is, the front is lower than I expected, and I dont even have the front splitter and I still get the front caught.. just gotta take extra care in carparks/speed bumps etc..

overall, rather pleased lol

What is that "Clunk" caused by? Mine does it on standard springs! Thought it was normal :O

I'm still wondering about the Eibach - PI situation, i'm not wanting it to be lower on one end/corner/side or anything though, what was the price difference?

Erm, IIRC the Eibachs are about £165 and the PI were about £115, but I got the PI's off ebay for cheeeeeep man lol!! Thats really why I went with them tbh, was gona go 4 Eibach, but to me they'll pretty much do the same job.

The front 2 just kinda clunked as if they were jumping.. took them back and they took them off, re-fitted them and greased them up, since then its been fine really!!

Just go for either 1 mate, I bet you wont even be able to tell much difference, I'll probs get slated for saying that but have a go at either 1 and tell me if you feel any different lol

iirc, the back sits higher on the mera anyways, so if allround is lowered by the same amount, the car will still be lower at the front. Its better I think anyways, more stable and better for cornering if the front gets down better..

Ah no point me trying to sort out the current springs then, since i'll hopefully be getting lowering springs when i've sold the guitar!

You got any pics?

Nah I aint took pics of it yet mate lol, plus I cannit work out how to get them from photobucket onto here!! Once I do, I'll get a few pics up, I need to anyways as Im planning a few things to be done on me car, mite make a little thread :p

But Id say if you cant afford the coils, just go for springs (obviously lol) their ok and deffo do the job.

Yeah I deffinately can't afford to be buying coils, don't want it that low anyway, i'm trying to keep it practical.

if you type [IMG ] [/ IMG] around the photobucket link (without the spaces), it'll display the picture up here :)

Or when posting a reply just press the button circled below and enter the image URL, does the tags for you.
untitledtc8.jpg

On the note of springs, I imagine most of you guys fitted them yourself, but not being that mechanically minded, im hoping to get them fitted. How much should I expect to pay for the fittment?

Back
Top Bottom