Ashaman's Almera 1.6 SR N15

Ashaman's Almera 1.6 SR, now with BC Coilover mounted.

Hi guys!

This is my green N15 1.6 SR. It's rolled about 150 000 km and runs like a clock.
front_skjult.jpg

This is what it looks like now. There is still a couple of things to do, so I will update when its done.

List of modifications:

- JOY-frontbumper
- KK Design rearbumper
- green powefilter and chromed tubes
- eyebrows (will be painted)
- 16" rims
- taken off the headlight-wipers
- painted the rearwindow-wiper green(DP1)
- blue LED gauge light
- 12" sub in the trunk (not quite finished)

Modifications to come:

- sideskirts
- phase 2 taillights (with paintet edges)
- paint the interiorparts (console etc.)
- paint the topcap/(head?)
- paint the manifoil-heatshield

I'm considering the fact that I need to adjust the hight, so I want to buy coilovers, but I don't know if I want to spend money on it or not. I've found some G4 coilovers to a reasonable price so I may purchase them sometime.
The reason I can't use lowering springs is that I live in a country where we get 1-2 meters of snow every winter, so a 30/30 or 40/40 spring kit is not an alternative. I have to ride with the original hight in winter and proxematly 40/30 lowering in the summer.

When the sideskirts and Phase 2 tailights are painted and fitted I will have a photoshoot and upload some better pivtures, but untill that time:

Pics:

Begining:
Minfront-1.jpg

Minbak.jpg

Before styling kit/winter look:
-Bilde025.jpg

Picture002.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

Under the hood: (not finished)
DSCF0174.jpg

Styling project:
17042008.jpg

17042008001.jpg

17042008004.jpg

17042008003.jpg

02052008006.jpg

02052008004.jpg

02052008005.jpg

tkelys_fiksa.jpg

Gauge light:
IMG_2545.jpg

This it looks like at the moment:
front_skjult.jpg

bak_skjult-1.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Going to do more modifications on my car, so stay tuned!

- Ashaman

Then I've fited something new... again:

Does someone see the difference?
05062008.jpg

Yeah, I've got my self a pair of '97 Luciano JDM frontlights and indicatorlights. Here's a couple of more pics:
05062008002.jpg

05062008004.jpg

05062008005.jpg

And yes, I do know that the front is full of insects.

I've also fited some xenon in there. (Before the new lights came on)
Before (halogen):
halogen_look.jpg

After (xenon):
xenon_look.jpg

I think that turned out a lot better than before. I think this is going to be good with the pained eyebrows anf the Luciano replica grill.

Today I'm going to wash the car outside and inside and polish it.
On saturday I'm going to collect my sideskirts and get a lot of parts painted the next week. :cool:

The Luciano lights look great with the xenon :thumb:
Like the front bumper but not sure about the chrome plate surround.

i quite like that front bumper, with grille i reckon it would set it off. what skirts are you putting on?

Actually are they just xenon bulbs or is there more of a conversion going on there?

I bought the plate surrounds so I didn't have to use the blackones from the seller, that had advertising on them. They're kinda boaring. The chromed ones did not look too bad, and I also didn't need to drill holes in the plates, which was the main reason I purchased them.

As for the Xenon I can tell you that its real. Bought a 23kV HID conversationkit. Got myself the 8000k kit to get an excotic look.
The ballast is hidden behind the strouts for the original frontlight wipers, as shown here:
balast.jpg

hided_HID.jpg

I'm putting on this skirts:
NISSAN%20ALMERA%20N15%20-%20GTR%20SIDE%20SKIRTS.jpg

They're named N15 GTR sideskirts. I know it's not a good picture, but I haven't found another one.

Oh, and for the dash lights I bought a LEDset for the GTi at ebay.com, or .co.uk if you like. You'll find them if you search for ''nissan n15''
Beware that this kit does not fit the non GTi's, but with a little trick you'll find a way to fit it.

Today I have washed and polished my 'mera.

Here is some experimental pictures from the photoshoot I had afterwards:
Front.jpg

Flyaway.jpg

Tkelys.jpg

Liksom_Antenne.jpg

Didn't get too lucky with the shots, but I posted them anyway.:cool:

Hehe, thanks! It's about hundred metres from where my house stands, I have this view every day. :D And it's not bad at all, thats for shore.

Well, now I have rebuilt my trunk. This is how it turned out:
05072008.jpg

It's not quite finished, but I think you'll get the picture.

Here is the aluplate that goes in the middle:
05072008001.jpg

I've also been thinking of buying either a R33 fornt, or an Authech front. I think I might buy the R33 one, but not totally shore jet. I have to get some info on shipping and that kind of things first anyway.

So thats all for now.
I also have to say that you guys in here gives a lot of inspiration and knowledge, so thanks a lot!

- Ashaman

Today I have washed and polished my 'mera.

Here is some experimental pictures from the photoshoot I had afterwards:

Didn't get too lucky with the shots, but I posted them anyway.:cool:

Hey Ashaman,

My compliments to the work you put in the Mera.

Just wanted to say something about the piccies.. Notice when you're gonna take the pictures,
against the light, the car will be darker than you probably want. Next time, go when the sun is low
and take the piccies with the sun in your back, the pictures will be great!

Something like this:

2550617787_082cf092fc.jpg

Well, I took the pictures against the sun with purpose to get the darkening effect. But it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to do, because I don't have any sunfilter on there. But thanks for the tips, I have just started using my new camera, so advises is something I deffenetly need.

I totally forgot this picture yesterday, but here it is. I've fitted my sideskirts and new grill:
200608fiks_side.jpg

I have some painted eyelids in my room, but I'm not going to put them on until I have done my MOT/EU-controll. JDM lights with Xenon in them are not very legal att all. :D

Nice piccie! Now lower the B*tch.. You should use coilovers!

About the camera.. What kind of camera do you have? Digital or EOS (reflex-camera's)?
You can read a lot op photography on the Canon site. They will give you a lot of tips a photography.
What to do and not to do! There are also a lot of books about photography.

What would you like to know?

Lower it? Dude, this happened the same day I got my skirts on:
21062008.jpg

This means, my car looked smooth for like... well 4 hours. XD
Thats also why I'm considering a R33 bumper.

I have a Canon EOS 400D. I still have the original 18-55 lense on, so I would probably buy a sunfiler (or wahtever it's called) and the thing to keep sidelight out, cant remember the name.
However, my father does a lot of photografing, if there is something he can't learn me I don't think I need to learn it. But haven't talked much about it yet, since we haven't taken the time to do so yet.

Those arent Lucino lights ed? Theyre ordinary P2 ones. Look nice though.

So, how do you explane that they are marked with the year '97? Didn't the ph2 come in '98 and was sold until 2000? :) However, they are the same as the ph2, but they come from a VZ-R or Luciano (not quite shore) in Japan. But the picture with the Xenon shows it with ph1 headlights on the car.

Well, time for an update maby... :D

I haven't done much since I last wrote here though. I put the original bumpers on this winter, but the other bumpers are back on now.

Any way, the reason I'm updating is because of this little shiny things:
IMG_1361.jpg

BC Racing Coilovers.

I just recived them, and they're going to be mounted tomorrow, so I hope everything goes according to plans and everything. Guess time will show. :p

Edit: and by the way, I'm going to lower it a bit. Just have to try it out and see how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom