Ashaman's N15 goes SR20VE!

Hi again everyone!

I've now sold my '96 SR, and bought a '99 5-door.
As some of you might notise, this is Hanney's old car, so there has already been done a lot to this car. I do, although, have some plans for it. :D

After I bought the car, the folowing things has been done:
- lifted the car about 1.5cm from the ground, and made it a little softer (I love coilovers!)
- the original grill and bumper has been put on
- the rear wiper mod has been done, just waiting for a Punto wiper to arrive
(not much jet, but stay tuned, there is more to come)

This is what will be done in the near future:
- put in the glasfiber subwoofer-box I made for the old car
- put in some speakers here and there
- change the hinges on the driverside door
- fit some new flat wipers in the front

And this is what will be done when I have some more time and money on my hands:
- fit the R33 front
- fit and paint the GTiR wing that I got when buying the car
- find a rear bumper that fits the rest of the styling and fit this one
- replace the original seats with the bucket seats I had in the old car
- fit some hood lifters
- fit wind deflectors
- and a few other bits and bobs

I also have some bigger plans, but I'll get back to you guys on this when I have everything sorted out.

Here is some pictures from the day I got home from the buy:
21122009031.png

21122009032.png

23122009035.png

And here are some simple photoshops on the three differnt looks I'm considering when the summer arrives:
31569050015_largecopy.png
31569050015_largecopycopycopy.png

31569050015_largecopycopy.png

Which do you think is the best one?

I think it's time to reveal the bigger plan I mentioned in my first post! :D
I have ordered a P11 front-cut from Malaysia, this has a SR20VE with 63,000km on the clock! It will hopefully be sent right after this weekend, it's all ready to go.

I'm planning to take the engine out as soon as it arrives, then paint all the engine parts, and put everything back together with some appropriate accessories. When I have both time and money I'll put everything in to the N15, but might take some time before this happens. I'm studying to be an engineer now, so the swap might have to wait till after the studies... so probably summer 2012 I'll be swapping the engines. It might be to tempting next summer though, we will see! :D

A couple pics of the cut in Malaysia:
SDC17589.jpg

FrontCut-P11SR20VEBlackEngine.jpg

SDC17686.jpg

I hope everything goes after plan, and make the swap leagal...!

Last edited:
Very cool :D and those JDM P11 headlights will fetch a pretty penny ;)

Thanks guys!

I don't know actually. I kind of missing the manual drive now that the GA is auto, but the CVT has a good repetation.
On the otherhand I've been told that the CVT is a bitch to wire properly... I'll just have too se when I'm stripping the engine, and have learned a bit more about it.
But I might swap in a DE tranny with stage 3 clutch and new flywheel.

I will. ;)

Is it possible to change the thread heading text? I tried, but it didn't change at the "Members Rides" index, only the small text on the top of my first post...?

Front-cut arrived at my home today! :D

Looking forward to get back home from the university this weekend!

Also slammed on some 17's and wind deflectors last weekend, R33 front going on this upcoming weekend.

Here is some pic of the cut, finally at my home:
IMG_2208.png

IMG_2212.png

Looking forward to start taking things apart and make them shine. :D

Took some pictures of the car as well:
IMG_2244.png

I'll probably slam on the R33 front and the grill and eyelids next weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Well, I was so unfortunate that I stuck my headlights in the oven this weekend... Turned out pretty good after about 5-6 minutes in the oven at 150 degrees celsius though! Especially after some paint.
08052010154_zps2bf858a4.jpg

09052010165.jpg

Made and fitted an alu lip under the bumper too, I think it turned out pretty well.
Whatcha think?

Last edited:
This bumper is a big improvement on the standard and your old one :thumb: I'd like to see the mesh in black though. Police over here would lol while saying 'take that alu lip off NOW' :shock: I'm imagineing decapitated road kill.

Love how this is shaping up! Good luck with the engine swap :thumbs:

I do believe the police over here would say very much the same, but they'll have to catch me first... Haha.
Nah, I'll hear what they have to say when they stop me. Takes about 10 minutes max to swap for the original bumper, then I'll just swap back after they've seen that one. :D

Thanks!

I think it's time to reveal the bigger plan I mentioned in my first post! :D
I have ordered a P11 front-cut from Malaysia, this has a SR20VE with 63,000km on the clock! It will hopefully be sent right after this weekend, it's all ready to go.

I'm planning to take the engine out as soon as it arrives, then paint all the engine parts, and put everything back together with some appropriate accessories. When I have both time and money I'll put everything in to the N15, but might take some time before this happens. I'm studying to be an engineer now, so the swap might have to wait till after the studies... so probably summer 2012 I'll be swapping the engines. It might be to tempting next summer though, we will see! :D

A couple pics of the cut in Malaysia:
SDC17589.jpg

FrontCut-P11SR20VEBlackEngine.jpg

SDC17686.jpg

Here is a litte clip from the startup:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYEyGCsZgM"]YouTube- Front Cut sr20 Startup[/ame]

I hope everything goes after plan, and make the swap leagal...!

im doing the same! i am getting my front cut for about £600! im in malaysia and its for my one an only almera gti in malaysia. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom