Ashaman's N15 goes SR20VE!

Thanks, this is right outside where i live. For some reason this picture is missing in this thread:
IMG_2398.png

This was taken right behind the barn you see in the other pictures.

Thanks!
No VE yet I'm affraid... this is DE power only, but my VE will be in next year or so. Doing a MOT with this engine first.

When I say MOT, I meant getting the swap approved by the authorities...

Drove my first 50km with the car today, feels good, but needs a few adjustments I think.
Also, my speedo and watertemp is not working. Anyone got an idea where to look? I got one plug I could not figure where to connect, so is probably that though... :p
This is the one I haven't connected:
14062012850.jpg

14062012851.jpg

Need to check the GTi internal loom tomorrow, as this was not swaped over...

Coolant gauge runs off the smaller of the 2 sensors and IIRC the wire colour should purple/pink (could be pink/purple),

The speedo will be a broken wire, probably the red/yellow one. It will probably be easier to just run a length of new wire (speaker wire is fine as you'll need 2) from the sensor in the gearbox to speedo unit.

Where is that other plug in the car? Can't think what it might be for?

Thanks for the tips! So both speed and water comes direct from the sensors, no plugs between?

The plug is in the lower section of the middle console, can't remember if it's part of the ECU loom, or the internal loom...

Strange one then, it doesnt look familiar to me and I cant think what those wire colours would be. Its been over 6 months since I stripped the N15 loom!!

No problem, will double check the loom in the donor car tomorrow, might find something useful there, if someone haven't figured it out before that. :p

I now realize I forgot to mention that I'm running a GTi cluster, while the original is the black face 1.6 SR/GX one...

Compared the plugs, and the brown plugs are different:
1.6 loom has 4 wires on one side (green/yellow-stripe, black/pink-stripe, orange/black-stripe, pink/no stripe)
2.0 loom has only three wires (orange/black-stripe is missing).

Will do a test run with the original cluster to see if everything works with that. Any tips on how to run the GTi cluster?

Couldn't figure out where the plug pictured above is supposed to go either...

Thanks! Had forgot about that! Will see if I can find something in there.

Both clusters are from '99 model cars...

Problem solved!

After removing almost everything, my dad found a plug under the airbox that wasn't quite all the way tight, that did the trick.

Thanks for the help though, as trying to follow the red/yellow and red wires from the sensor did the trick!
(Btw, the schematics for the 3 plugs on the backside of the cluster is no where near correct... The two big plugs are swap with one eachother, and some of the numbers are messed up.)

glad you've got it working, and I presume your talking about the 1.6dash wiring diagram as I just recently used the ph2 dash wiring diagram to wire the vz-r dash into the n16 and everything works perfectly so the wiring diagram must be right for that :)

....phone....

Back
Top Bottom