Best Almera, PERIOD

This is my shit... And I'm giving it, who wants it?
toilet-shit4.serendipityThumb.jpg

its the way you say you bought your "dream car" then it broke so rather than fix it you spent 370 on an almera GTi and intend to spunk thousands on it.. if you can't be bothered to fix your dream car what happens the first time something goes wrong with a 300 quid shitbox?

the money your saying you will spend on a VVL ITB'd SR20 would get you a full rebuild and most likely a single turbo kit and map and fuel hardware on your RX that would make shit loads more power whilst sounding 1million times more sexy and looking great.

its like the guy who said he only had half the money for coilovers so he was going to spend that on something he didn't really want whilst he saved up again to get the coilovers..

its the way you say you bought your "dream car" then it broke so rather than fix it you spent 370 on an almera GTi and intend to spunk thousands on it.. if you can't be bothered to fix your dream car what happens the first time something goes wrong with a 300 quid shitbox?

the money your saying you will spend on a VVL ITB'd SR20 would get you a full rebuild and most likely a single turbo kit and map and fuel hardware on your RX that would make shit loads more power whilst sounding 1million times more sexy and looking great.

its like the guy who said he only had half the money for coilovers so he was going to spend that on something he didn't really want whilst he saved up again to get the coilovers..

For starters, to rebuild my engine I'm looking at £1,000 more or less depending on what i replace and what I don't... 8-10mpg means I spend £400 a month on fuel just getting to work, when you include going out its more like £500-£600 on petrol, the rotory engine is designed for driving, not popping to the shops, stop/starting kills it so I can't just pop to a friends or to the local shop... I will have another one, but for my current lifestyle I can't run a RX7 as a daily.

I don't have lots of instant disposable income, I'm sure no one on here does, if they did they would be running around in the likes of a GTR or RX7! A project car such as this means I can spend time on it thus buying more expensive parts down the line... When I asked for cheap coilovers I wanted a tempory solution until I am finantually stable.

RX7 is a far better car, more pretigous, faster, sexier, but owning the most unreliable car with stupidly high maintance costs at 20/21 years of age was silly... Very very cool, but silly.

Sorry if I've touched a nerve on the matter... Over time you will see

For starters, to rebuild my engine I'm looking at £1,000 more or less depending on what i replace and what I don't... 8-10mpg means I spend £400 a month on fuel just getting to work, when you include going out its more like £500-£600 on petrol, the rotory engine is designed for driving, not popping to the shops, stop/starting kills it so I can't just pop to a friends or to the local shop... I will have another one, but for my current lifestyle I can't run a RX7 as a daily.

I don't have lots of instant disposable income, I'm sure no one on here does, if they did they would be running around in the likes of a GTR or RX7! A project car such as this means I can spend time on it thus buying more expensive parts down the line... When I asked for cheap coilovers I wanted a tempory solution until I am finantually stable.

RX7 is a far better car, more pretigous, faster, sexier, but owning the most unreliable car with stupidly high maintance costs at 20/21 years of age was silly... Very very cool, but silly.

Sorry if I've touched a nerve on the matter... Over time you will see

So you cant afford to run an expensive car but you can afford to build then run what will be an expensive car?

you want a car that you can pop to your mates with and down the shops yet you want a stripped out roll cage'd car on ITB'S?

it doesn't make sense run the almera into the ground as a daily rebuild the RX-7 and use that as a show car.

I don't think anyone on here has shit loads of disposable income hence we like rusty datsuns but I think you'll find those with the really nice ones/powerfull/trackday ones don't use them every day and have shitbox cars to get to work and back in and pick parts up with.

no nerves touched dude I'm just interested in the hwole thought process your going through.. you've got a clean almera shell to play with, do what you want with it.

I used a completely stripped out 2.0l 172 Clio with a roll cage with basically throttle bodies running 195.2bhp as a daily for a year... No shock to me and that car owed me thousands...

What's the point of putting your heart, soul and hard earned cash into a car and not drive it? When I build something I love, I drive it as much as I can... Hell I drove to Manchester from Cambridge and back in it every few months... The plans I have here is basically the same spec as my Clio for the same circumstances, just a different shell and lower cost!

SR20DET wouldn't be special enough to swap, 2JZGTE is to heavy and sits too far forward for weight distribution.

You would be looking at an LS1 or LS6 ideally to warrent the engine swap, howeverthat's about 6k for a LS1

**Plus I do not have the skill to fabricate what is needed, the equipment or space to do the job properly**

Ok so Chunk has been pestering me to update this so here it goes...

Fitted my OMP Steering wheel
8874_10151717572125407_876561422_n.jpg

I bought some nice new plates to clean the car up:
292647_10151715650675407_176305786_n.jpg

Some Wind deflectors
934040_10151717570310407_312761740_n.jpg

Fitted Michaels old cobra cat back system and PH2 rear lights
996537_10151722593835407_144629907_n.jpg

I went to Southampton to collect some coilovers
972148_10151648224430020_546109751_n.jpg

Bought some Recaro bucket seats
482600_10151717572595407_1400732074_n.jpg

And as it stands now:
941566_10201252545574209_1738458476_n.jpg

More photos to come when Stu uploads them =P Got more goodies in the post so more will be revealed... But that's my first month of ownership ;P

Back
Top Bottom