Black 5 door P2 Si

looking a million times better, if your after a body shop in your area try afron body craft in carnarfon (sp) seen some of there work and its shit out (blue wide arch fiesta) amazing to say the least

Thanks for the comments. Another thing I'm happy about is that I decided to put the skirts on the right way round. I was deating fitting them the other way, but I like the way the length of the twists match up well with the length of the doors and particularly the bump strips.

Yeah I've heard of that place. apparently there are a few good bodyshops around here, another really good one in Colwyn Bay as well apparently. I'll get a quote from that place in Caernarfon first tho, at your recommendatoin :).

Really starting to look good now :)

You planning on a dual exit exhaust system then? I love dual exit on the mera, it should look seriously suh-weet once you get the wheels on as well.

Edit: Oh forgot to say, nice numberplate :)

Amazing how a few little bits can make it look so much nicer. I noticed you had some rust on near the rear wheel in the first pic, did you remove that before fitting the GTI skirts?

eviljonny said:
You planning on a dual exit exhaust system then? I love dual exit on the mera, it should look seriously suh-weet once you get the wheels on as well.

Yeah I will do eventually. I've got Veero's old twin exit (his old bumper & splitter too) and with a bit of welding that should go on. in truth the cans on the back of that are a bit too big for my style, but I really like the look of what Naylor has on his car, goes perfectly with the GTi rear splitter. That's something I've just got in teh back of my mind now though. It's an expensive bit of work and the next things on my list are coilovers and front splitter. I'm also thinking of doing the GTi conversion early. friend of mine has just bought a "stage 1" tuned 180 and another has a nice 1.8 A3. Thinking it's time for a power boost.

Benskett said:
Amazing how a few little bits can make it look so much nicer. I noticed you had some rust on near the rear wheel in the first pic, did you remove that before fitting the GTI skirts?

yeah that's the bit I posted about fbreglassing a few weeks ago. I cut all the rust out, treated teh surrounding area heavily with rust eater stuff, put some fibreglass inside the hole, some ally mesh reinforcement on teh outside then fibreglassed over the whole lot and over a large bit of the surrounding area, just to make sure it stayed put.

decided I might as well try the 17s without lowering it just to see if it works, and surprisingly it does pretty well. nothing like as monster truckish as I expected, apart from at the front where I'm a splitter short. Scuse the dodgy phone camera quality. taken on my break at work.

Attachments

• DSC00512.JPG
    DSC00512.JPG
    486.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00513.JPG
    DSC00513.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 51
Looking good mate, in all fairness with those wheels I'd say you only need to get -40mm springs and maybe some KYB shocks for stiffness?

Yea thats looking nice man. Theses something odd about the side skirt but I cant think what... is it the P1 side skirt and you have a P2 rear bumper with it???

P1 skirts with P2 bumpers and rear splitter (still saving for a front splitter). I like the P2 more, but think the P1 skirts suit the 5 door more than the P2 ones.

tyres are 215/45/17. I may go down to 40, but think that as they are, they're tall enough to provide some comfort over the rough roads around here and they match the shape of the arches well, also they're not so low as to look like rubber bands on rims. Also I've not encountered any rubbing issues yet, which is a good thing.

If you fancied being really adventurous, you could have a go at modifying the P2 rear splitter to match up with the sideskirts like the P1 splitter does?

hmm. if I could get hold of a knackered P1 rear splitter fairly cheaply I would consider doing a frankenstein of the two maybe. duno. I kinda like the way it is really.

24SEVEN said:
hmm. if I could get hold of a knackered P1 rear splitter fairly cheaply I would consider doing a frankenstein of the two maybe.
I messaged the guy selling the kit, about selling the rear splitter seperately for you & just got this reply:

Item: Nissan almera gti bodykit (120125305753)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
pinkkitty05redhotpink is the seller.

ok mate.£40 +p+p or collection.have to wait till the auctions over first tho.

He`s in Redditch, hope that helps.

thanks for that. nah don't think I'll bother for now. I'm completely skint and will be for a while, just got back from a week bikin in scotland and that's put a big dent in my wallet. I need a front splitter more really, which is next on my list. I wanted in on the colover group buy but mr tax man decided some money that should be mine, was his. he's wrong and I'm still sorting that out.

cheers anyways.

few more poser photos. scuse the lack of cleanliness. all but 1 were taken at the new anglesey circuit overlooking a large slightly banked 180* bend.

thinking the next job is to debadge it. can't afford to lower it or buy a front splitter right now. all money is going on the 205.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG