cars all over the road

I had the same issue with the car pulling to the side of the road not long after i bought it, initially i thought it was because i had changed from 195/R15 wheels to 205/R17 wheels, but after having a really good check over the car i found my bottom ball joint (the wishbone mount to the hub) to have a slight break in the gator allowing water to get in, basically meaning it was knakered, i replaced the wishbones and the car drove like new. :)

ive had all the sliders out n regreased them when i did the brakes with my dad, thats every single slider cos everyone was stuck!!!

anyway i did the brakes yesterday wasnt too bad, but STILL no joy! seems to be actually pulling itself harder, have to forcibly hold the wheel straight now so i must have disturbed whatevers makin it do this! so i can now say its summit on the o/s anyway, the search continues....

hmm that is strange, when you did the brakes did u push the piston back in the caliper? im sure u did, but just thought id ask, the only other thing i can think of without llookinig at it is a bad tyre perhaps, assuming that all the bushes and Track rod end are ok. does the car wander about the road when cornering?

cornering is spot on, its just straight line it pulls. yes the piston was forced back, cant renew brakes otherwise. youve just put me onto something though, i never checked the tyre itself! checked the pressure and the alloy but not the tread, i'll check it when she gets in from work, gonna kick myself if it is the tyre after all this!

all sorted. i admitted defeat n took it to a local mechanic who i trust. without looking he said the drop link, told him i checked it and its fine. but he said its the drop link, jacked up car, took off wheel n prised at the rubber bushings, which were hollow!!!! i would never have spotted it as ive been puttin the car on ramps to check, but now when the cars jacked the pressure relieved so it could be prised at!

he said he knew it was the drop links cos hes done a few like this!

so took him 5 mins to change them (got him to do both sides) and now the cars spot on! finally i can get on with making the car look nice again

20 quid for the drop links, n 15 quid for him to fit them at mates rates, would have done them myself but i couldnt be arsed at that price!

Back
Top Bottom