Cortinamike77's GTi

• Thread starter Thread starter Cortinamike77
  • Start date Start date
i'm with sam (i know!! i don't believe i'm saying that either :lol: ), i think it's the silver rim on the wheels that is doing it, and the ride height and stock offset wheels/no spacers

I have been considering them Mike, where did you get yours from?

I totally agree on the shite offset of the standard wheels

Buy H&R spacers from here, cheapest place to get them.

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

You want at least 25mm ones thats the biggest they do. If you want anymore stance then that its new wheels time.

Rota grid has just launched Grid V spec 16x8 @ et20 which is the equivilent of GTi wheels with 45mm spacers :)

^^ there on the list for me for 2012!

Cheers mate will check that out when I get home, Will be looking into some new hoops next year when I have some £ again. 15's just dont fill the arches enough for the drop that I have sadly

spacers would make the car look so much better imo, 25mm for the rear and 20mm for the front if your funds will allow. the n16 is the same in this area too and it's the one thing that always looks off on a modded n15/16 imo

It depends what tyres you run on 15's... my old 195/50/15 Toyo T1R's filled the arches shit. New 205/50/15 Advan AD08's fill the arches much better... I will say its alot harder to make 15's fill arches but it can be done :)

Perhaps try the Grids I suggested next year.. you can be my ginny pig to see if they suit the N15! no need for spacers ;)

It depends what tyres you run on 15's... my old 195/50/15 Toyo T1R's filled the arches shit. New 205/50/15 Advan AD08's fill the arches much better... I will say its alot harder to make 15's fill arches but it can be done :)

eddie they fill better cause they are a larger tyre ;) the sidewall changed from 195/50 to 205/50 so you have 50% of 205mm instead of 50% of 195mm for your sidewall height, thats almost a half inch bigger tyre height, which has nothing to do with what type they are, just what size they are :)

It has a lot to do with the type of tyre.

My hankook rs2s 195/50/15 were a good 1.5" wider and a bit taller than my kumho's in the same size.

The 595 rsr I have on the Micra atm are the same, r888's and the advans will all be bigger than a normal tyre in the same size.

so what your saying is that different companies use a different base measurement for a millimeter? and that one 195mm wide tire was 40mm wider than another? so in fact a 235?

... --- ...

that is a good point ive had 205s before by a different company and they looked mega wide compared to the current ones which look tiny :/

Back
Top Bottom