craiGTi's ph2 GTi

wayne! wicked reading up about paining ! dont suppose you could take 10 mins of your precious time to write up a rough how too guide, so when me and ed get our compressor and spray kit in dec we can have a go at some our selves :)

its a bit more tricky than just "writing a how to" unfortuantely!

as soo many factors come into play!

like if your tackling rust - if its new bare metal, what colour your spraying, ifd your spraying base or water based,

when the time comes matey i am more than happy to help, just send me a pm like craig has been doing!

its definately worth giving a go!

your best thing to do is get some solid color like kh3 black ;)
get an old wing/door etc! and practice on it!

solid paint and hardner will cost you £20
and then to spray the same colour just 100 grit the paint so that the top layer is stripped (dont need to go right through)
if your doing a repair then flat it with 400 fix the repair and such

i will have a google search for a few videos that i think will help craig out as i remember watching a hot rod video AGES ago and it was about flakes and stuff

yeah man thinking about doing up the white GA with ed to practice on, thats if you want to ed ? lol

number 1 speed dial = wayne :)

if i change the colour its got to be with the legal requirements on the logbook,

so white but any shade of :):)

may i suggest tooth plaque white as phil named and loved it, or porsche chiffon white as it's actually called. then a pearl layer over that :cool:

white pearl is a cunt to do so would advise again for the first attempt as you do it to thick or un even and it look slike streaky nicotine!

photo-whoring now but i don't care cos it makes me feel better about the dodgy paint on the passenger side! :P also tryna get pics that don't look like bs7! as you were...

PA240099.jpg
PA240100.jpg

Lovely craig :). Hey, what colour exactly did you spray your spokes with?

Lovely craig :). Hey, what colour exactly did you spray your spokes with?

just the rota bronze out the box mate, with the rims stripped back to bare metal :)

phil did a few chops for me earlier, what you all reckon, i like tints and orange corners, but i'm not sold on the rims as yet...any other suggestions welcome :)

PA240099shittestcarontheplanet.jpg
PA210110orange.jpg

PA210110orangewheels.jpg

Back
Top Bottom