Curtis' GTI

I think it is fairly priced, someone could buy it and easily get £800 for the coilovers + wheels...so £1100 for the car with a few mods isn't bad really!

I love it though, been offered GTI-6s, bmws the lot, nothing for me though..

I have to say as i scrolled down all i saw was Curtis's Hole. . . had to look back and realised its Curti's GIt with Inahole below xD Haha.

Supercharge ftw ;)

SR20VE drop, £750 shipped to you then SAFC neo with vtc adjustment £250

U can use your DE injectors and keep the DE ecu & maf so engine will go straight in and run all be it abit shite with no VVL actiivation so u need the SAFC neo unit or spend abit more money and get a greddy mss + standalone or piggyback ecu

200bhp outa the box.. daily strong powaz N/A FTW

you aint making 200bhp out of a bog standard 2.0 VE and an SAFC.. :facepalm

U can have mods carried across like manifold/exhaust induction kit.. so remapped on a standalone system wouldnt be far of that at all.

There 190 standard

A safc with varrible camshift points would get it running but wouldnt obviously be the best power tune compared to standalone..

And slap some SR16VE cams in at some point for more power

More to the point this would get alot of power straight away and be more futureproofed as its the best engine ull ever be wanting... and VVL is adictive so im told :lol:

U can have mods carried across like manifold/exhaust induction kit.. so remapped on a standalone system wouldnt be far of that at all.

There 190 standard

A safc with varrible camshift points would get it running but wouldnt obviously be the best power tune compared to standalone..

And slap some SR16VE cams in at some point for more power

More to the point this would get alot of power straight away and be more futureproofed as its the best engine ull ever be wanting... and VVL is adictive so im told :lol:

Steady away son.. what do i know.. i only own a ve engine..

let me e-mail wezz and tell him to get his car down to you for some tuning.. hes way down on power and he has 16VE cams..

Well somethin anit right then cause there meant to be 187bhp standard... and besides i was saying that 200bhp as a golden ballpark figure

Upto this guy what he wants to do mind just putting it all out there so he can then make an informed desision

Could the supercharger be fitted without the intercooler? Straight to the trottle body

Just as a test, then intercooler and piping after?

Hmmmm...

do you mean with a pipe or litteraly bolted to the TB?

theres only one place youll be able to bolt a supercharger on an SR20 and thats where the A/C compressor is..

You could run a pipe straight to the TB, but an intercooler is pretty much required for any boosted SR20 on stock internals, to lower the intake temps and reduce the chances of Detonation..
Joe

lol no i meant a pipe to the trottle body...

A friends done his VR6 with a rotex supercharger straight to it (without intercooler) but those engines are crazy strong!

Might try it as a test, then get another SR20DE and build it with a thicker headgasket etc..

Could the supercharger be fitted without the intercooler? Straight to the trottle body

Just as a test, then intercooler and piping after?

Hmmmm...

You're forgetting that the supercharger itself needs traction fluid with an oil cooler. A separate hydraulic oil feed - on a centrifugal type anyway.

You're forgetting that the supercharger itself needs traction fluid with an oil cooler. A separate hydraulic oil feed - on a centrifugal type anyway.

Using the M45 eaton...i should have stated this before sorry lol

Ive built a template of the supercharger out of cardboard, will see how nice it fits

Bought some new HT lead
Also oil and oil filter change this weekend, keeping it all nice :)

Oh and think i've decided on nitrus ;) Watch this space...

Back
Top Bottom