EDK Bumper MKII - COMPLETED!

Thanks guys. Yeah Rich I'm feeling way more confident in doing this and will be able to make repairs in future ready for painting if need be.

Rear bumper exhaust cut out made and profiling

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

rear and sides looking great Ed, the front however, like mentioned before, could use that "something". Maybe respray, maybe some sort of logo on the grille. Love the shape of the Grille, but the mesh could be different, also black grille on black car, contrast would probably add some character. Overall it's a masterpiece, can't wait to see the finished body. :Thumbs:

Thanks mate :). The mesh can't be changed it's part of the grille. I've had a badge lined up for the grille for a while now (see earlier photos in my ride thread).

I'm sure once it's all painted it'll come together well ;)

Oh but I do know why the mesh looks slightly odd, the whole grille is striaght out the injection moulder and is a satin going on gloss finish, the mesh included. This means as you can see in the last front picture it catches the light and stands out a lot. I'm going to be painting the mesh matt black to match the OEM lower grille mesh, and the grille will go body colour. This should look just right imo.

A few more repairs, and final smoothing of rear bumper. Exhaust cut out looking well :)

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

It happened by me trying to bridge gaps when I was first lining up the cut out with the bumper. I cut a little too much away from the bumper and pulled it up to the cut out, By using fibreglass paste now it's a lot easier to bridge gaps and keep it strong.

I don't understand what you're asking in the last few questions.

Does the fibreglass paste hold strong? I've heard fibreglass will not stick well to bumpers. Hopefully the drilling idea works well.

yeah, painting the grille should definitely help, looking forward to seeing that done.

I've looked on previous posts, sorting those tension things must be real trouble, how does it got that that way? I saw you're using grille holder, did you had to blend the new holder with the old one? Or is it just inner holder for positioning? Buying JDM n16 bumper and cutting grille section would probably saved the day?

Dude, you need to restructure/word that whole paragraph - it reads like a 5 yr old wrote it ! o_O

Does the fibreglass paste hold strong? I've heard fibreglass will not stick well to bumpers. Hopefully the drilling idea works well.
Yup exactly what the holes are for and does work :-)

-phone-

Back
Top Bottom