GA16DE-T Finally!

nismoras said:
It is worth and its working by tha way.
The man i bought from used all these in a 1.4lt engn but had to change everything internally , as a result 170 whp! and thats it couldnt go any further.
Thats y he turned to 2lt.

I could turbo my QG15DE or change it to a SR20DE. I heard if I turbo my QG15DE I would get 175bhp. but If I change my Engine from a QG15DE to a SR20DE it will be more reliable (im sure on this) I had my N16 and My gearbox blown up and had a new one fitted by Nissan luckily for free but still I don't think it will handle the turbo.

I am really liking that car now looks mint !

good job on the turbo, though personaly I reckon the car looked a LOT better with the original bumper, not a fan of the autech thing at all.

Anyone knows any specs about this engine?
Its SR20DET not N14 GTiR's for sure but... what car was putted in?
Any info would be apreciated!

Nissan_SR20DET_U13.jpg

It looks like a Bluebird turbo engine. U13 I think the model code is. I don't believe it was available in Europe. It's similer to the Avenir sr20det but i think that just has a silver rocker cover, they are both around 200bhp iirc.

It doesn't really matter which engine you get, there all relaitely similar. But im sure the GTi-R engine seems to be the 'better' one.

Why is that? Cause of the 4 throttles or because its a newer model?
Btw U12's or U13's can easily go up to 300 hp also.

nismoras said:
Why is that? Cause of the 4 throttles or because its a newer model?
Btw U12's or U13's can easily go up to 300 hp also.

4 throttles
stronger rods
stronger shaft
more power on stock GTiR turbo :)
if U have the same price on U and rnn14 engine take GTiR !!

if your staying with front wheel drive i wouldnt have thought it would have made much difference.if the U12 SR20DET is cheaper buy that much id get that

U12 WILL be ok, if u dont want to have more than 300hp :)
bigger injectors turbo :) pipes and easy to kill stock evo or sti :)

I have to admit, the ga16 are good strong engines, when i has the old ga16 with the carb on it, i got 100 mph from third gear and the engine was screaming, but was fine.

Yep! No probs for me as well.
More than 70.000 km running stock, then 40.000 km boosted, punched many times and stil not a thing.
I might say that was very lucky, the engine has to be replaced cause i found a new
guy who wants it, as it is at 0,6 bar and 170 hp dyno'ed.
The eng is very fast and reliable but still have to be sold.

Back
Top Bottom