Gldnandys P1 project

i have finally started to rebuild my P reg P1 red gti.

as a few of you know its in a bit of a bad state and needs tlc.

these are some pics of the bodywork
Photo013.jpg

Photo015.jpg

Photo017.jpg

Photo018.jpg

Photo019.jpg

Photo023.jpg

as ya can see rust is the main object of the build, i got to work today on the front end removin the bonnet,headlights,indicators,grill and started removin the bumper but got hampered by the 2 screws attachin to arches so gonna start removin the arch liners 2morra,

will take some pics once the front end is naked lol :D finally started haha

good luck with it, if you need a hand just pm us, busy for the next month with my own car and project, but any time after that shouldnt be a problem

right, for starters ive got a red non rusty tinted bootlid. also got non rusty front wings, non rusty doors.....

anything you need pal, let me know. all the best.

tom

give me a PM if you need any help, only on the wirral myself and may as well help someone else out while im too skint to work on my own :lol:

whats happening with it then? tidy bodywork, bare shell rebuild etc

cheers for the response, lol thanx for the offers of help guys as for what i gonna be doin, im not takin everythin of as i cba with the dash etc so replacin every outer panel eccept doors as they seem ok, i think the biggest job is sortin out engine bay (clean and wire tuck where possible) and gettin under the car and derusting/paintin every inch lol the rear interior is comin out permanently to be replaced with alcantara/leather sound system :D more pics to follow tonight when i get back

I remember when i had a look around your Almera last year, it did look a bit rough around the edges.

It's good to see that your going to put some hard grafting into this. I look forward to the end result. Good luck fella!

Looks like Garnz's old P1.

Would defo get all the non rusty bits off Tommo, save yourself alot of time and money....or you could save yourself even more time and hassle and buy my non rusty, fast, rare, low mileage VZR. haha shameless plug

I remember when i had a look around your Almera last year, it did look a bit rough around the edges.

It's good to see that your going to put some hard grafting into this. I look forward to the end result. Good luck fella!

last year? cant remember lol

right so today i got the arch liners off, the front bumper then came free after loosenin the front cross bar, got the arches off and the side skirts, started removin the rear bumper but the two bolts holdin the kit and bumper on at the bottom near the back wheel are solid and wont shift :(

snapped rather a lot of clips gettin the arch liners off d'oh

pics will follow in a bit when i finish uploadin

as promised - naked car lol
Photo056.jpg

Photo060.jpg

Photo062.jpg

Photo068.jpg

Photo058.jpg

Photo061-1.jpg

Photo063.jpg

Photo069.jpg

as ya can see the sills are quite rotted but not completely, gotta do a proper cut back to see how extensive the damage is but wont be doin that till i get myself some massive axle stands and a bigger trolley jack lol

What`s the tube on the crossbeam?

Never seen that before, so I`m guessing it`s the P1 bumper reinforcer, as my P2 hasn`t got it, but has the bar across the chassis legs.

Also, you don`t need a bigger jack, just place a 2" square block of wood in the middle of the rear beam, it`ll go up miles then! ;)

lol, i was lucky gettin this place - friend of a friend - it does have its flaws tho - it used to be called Saxonutz! and the upstairs is full of saxo parts i.e crap crap crap and my bonnet :D

Back
Top Bottom