Gldnandys P1 project

Haha no way SaxoNutz, glad they've gone under...least you can drive your car around there without worrying about the popo.

lol he hasnt gone under lol he just moved onto the used car market instead now lol.

got a bit more done today was gettin tired after a long week of mornins.

got boot removed, rear seats out and belts out, rear bumper off now and started wire brushin some of the rust off. but doesnt seem to bad except the sills lol. pics loadin will post soon

as promised some moor pics, sorry for the camera phone pics but not got a digital
Photo070.jpg

Photo071.jpg

Photo072.jpg

Photo073.jpg

Photo075.jpg

ok so got a bit done today. i attacked the bootlid to see how bad it was under the number plate and this happened
Photo077.jpg

finished removin the rear interior, most of it is being left out except the side panels and trim, removed the grey reinforcing plates for access to suspension struts and shockingly found no rust at all!! lookin good
Photo083.jpg

Photo084.jpg

Photo085.jpg

Photo089.jpg

so next job is some heavy duty axle stands to get the whole car as high as poss and secure, remove rear beam and all ancillaries to see what i need and start removin front suspension/steerin and find out why the car always pulled left.

Some good progress there! :cool:

Word of warning about the rear beam, it`s heavy as fook, so be damned careful when you take it out.

Remove the handbrake cables from the sway arms, (2 10mm bolts, 1 between the 2 ABS bracket bolts & 1 on the inside of the sway arm, just in front of the pivot bolt) loosen the pivot bolts 1st, then remove the nut/bolt by the fuel tank (17mm brake pipe spanner is the best thing for holding the nut, while using a 17mm socket & a scaffold pole on the bolt head), ;) lower it on a jack, then remove the sway arm bolts.

Also, the plugs for the rear ABS cables are infront of the arches, by the sway arm bolts, unplug them, then remove the 10mm nut holding the bracket to the chassis (be sure to give them a damned good soaking with WD/40, as my O/S one was a right arse to get off). :mad:

Any other info you need, give us a shout! :)

ok so im going down there to take the rear beam off today, i know i aint got much done this week but thats the joy of shifts!! anyone wanna pop round and help me then great give me a call lol, my number is 07929015173 :D

byeeee

thought id post a few pics of me daily :D

not got much done this week as bin doin stuff for me mum in garden ;( damn debts

and waitin for my bodykit to arrive
Photo093.jpg

i like this shot lol envy
Photo096.jpg

ok so i finally got the rear beam off! that loctite stuff shifted the bolts well quick lol
Photo098.jpg

Photo100.jpg

so the next job which i will tackle is sanding down and painting the rear axle, i gotta replace all the rubber mounts on the beam as they are all rattling around like a stick in a bucket.

anyone know the part numbers for these? wanna use poly bushes to replace :D

do poly inserts come with new mounting bolts as mine are mega rusted if not what are the part numbers so i can order a complete new set off nissan?

gona have to have a good chat to you tomorrow at whitby matey as this is one of the next jobs ive got planned for mine!

what bushes do u need replacing, the ones in the central linkage or the arms?

think you can only get the trailing arm poly bushes, dont come with bolts.

Be careful when ordering bolts from nissan. When i needed 3 bolts for my gearbox, they are 3 different types but nissan dont split the bags of bolts anymore, so if i wanted these 3 different bolts i would have had to buy 3 packs, 18 bolts and best part of 90 quid!!! mo thanks.

what bushes do u need replacing, the ones in the central linkage or the arms?

think you can only get the trailing arm poly bushes, dont come with bolts.

Be careful when ordering bolts from nissan. When i needed 3 bolts for my gearbox, they are 3 different types but nissan dont split the bags of bolts anymore, so if i wanted these 3 different bolts i would have had to buy 3 packs, 18 bolts and best part of 90 quid!!! mo thanks.

well the trailing arms need new bushes and so does the central link arm as when i got the lot off you could swing it in any direction

i know you can get polys for the arms but as for the linkage i highly doubt it, only way is probably nissan but i bet you would have to buy the linkage components complete

update time - after removing the rear axle and starting cleaning it up i saw my arse so its going to be sand blasted instead :D still not sorted gettin poly bushes .

however on friday my m8 was round the unit sortin his brakes out and we decided to tackle some wiring issues i had - when we started removing the trim from the front of the car we errr found a lot of spare wires
Photo120.jpg

there were some very odd connections as well like a live feed from battery thru the bulkhead then just left exposed under the pass side carpet!!

so we now have all the interior out bar the dash and we gonna start sortin all the wires out for my new build
Photo111.jpg

gonna need some things on eof them is this
Photo112.jpg

Photo114.jpg

i dont know what ya call it but it covers the ecu i think behind the dash at the bottom
also need 2 new door cards with all wiring and switched for the gti

oh also found this in the drivers door we think its for the toad alarm
Photo115.jpg

this connector is in the drivers door - any one know what should be there?
Photo119.jpg

random pics
Photo117.jpg

Photo116.jpg

Photo110.jpg

the odd looking wires as you call them are for subs and amps etc etc, so nothing to worry about

the plug in the door card that has nothing pluged in i think its for heated mirrors or folding mirrors (jdm)

yeah the hole isnt the prob, we snapped the side off it :D

we played with the odd lookin box in the door - its part of the toad alarm as the wires go to the window motors (auto window up) and other system lol

we have nearly finished removing all the wires we dont need - all the speaker wires are now out as we gonna re run them with decent wires :D

one thing today is the switch at the bottom of the door that turns interior light on/off isnt working but is at the same time as this needs to be pressed for the alarm to set

yes this car is odd and very confusing

Back
Top Bottom