Hally's New Car

Cheers for the reactions guys, thought id get a little bit of a slating but an pleasantly surprised!

Stu: I think the time has come for her to go. I would love to keep it as an occasional car, but I can't justify having three cars! The Bluebird isnt a problem as that can sit if I can't afford to do anything on it. I wouldnt mind the money from the mera TBH.

Nice choice Hally :cool: I take it you bought it from a guy in the Borders - judging by the Colin Macrae sticker ?

no actually, bought it from Shropshire! The previous owners took it on that Colin McCrea tribute day out to Prodrive. They're coming off straight away.

i would of liked the lexus over one of these if my personal choice but its a nice motor! at least you haven't down graded!
its more of a an engine with family orientation.

Yeah its probably a bit of a family car, but its so nice to drive and I couldnt find any decent "hot hatches" that I wanted.

Cant go wrong with one of these, just remeber its not the WRX STI and don't trash it. Look after her and she will defo look after you !

Red

research whats called 'the valley of death' i think, or something like. its a flat spot between the 2 turbo's apparently fixed by a dawes device.

apart from that, excellent choice. prefer white with gold wheels but it still looks the nuts dude! cant grumble at your choice, they are meaty things :lol:

Good choice dude, much more subtle than an Imprezza. I've not seen under the hood of one of these but i'm imagining it to be like a H6 thing with a turbo at either side of the engine bay. If so then welcome to a mechanics nightmare lol. You'll pay alot of money when something needs doing so keep on top of regular maintenance and i'm sure it'll be reet!

Yeah I plan to take care of it.

Speaking of which, went for a blast tonight and a 330 BM tried to stop me from overtaking him....not. a. fucking. chance. There is endless power, just keeps going!

The primary turbo starts to boost at 2k, with the secondary turbo coming at around 5k, and I thought 2nd gear in the GTi was good. I think I saw it peak at 1 bar but I was watching the road more than anything.

This is the engine bay (not mine), it looks ridiculous, yes a turbo on either side and more vac hoses than i've ever seen. Think i'll leave this to the professionals. You offering your services simmo?

3737209275_b4092a3f6b.jpg

I have heard of some very powerful B4s. This is a good buy and a very nice car. If I could I would get the Legacy GT. Here it has the 2.5 single turbo. Same engine as the STi but detuned to 250hp.

God that looks grim. Not hard to work on, just the fact like most cars these days, you'll have to dismantle everything to do something simple. It reminds me of the 300zx engines, which are also dire.

Good choice dude, much more subtle than an Imprezza. I've not seen under the hood of one of these but i'm imagining it to be like a H6 thing with a turbo at either side of the engine bay. If so then welcome to a mechanics nightmare lol. You'll pay alot of money when something needs doing so keep on top of regular maintenance and i'm sure it'll be reet!

Yup - I remember when I bought my R33 GTS-T & the resident mechanic saying it would be a lot cheaper to maintain than a GTR (4WD, twin-turbo, electrics, etc). He was right, but the bills I saw for GTRs coming in & out of the workshop were eye-watering ! :eek: On the plus side Hally, you'll have a lot of fun with it ! :D

a fine example hally,keep a constant check on the oil,a lad at work has one and just this week his bottom end brarings have gone,gonna be a costly repair,all because he didn`t keep checking her for oil.

yeah just realised today I never checked when I picked her up, checked and it's nice and full and nice and golden :)

Bit of an update after the de-stickering, new badges, turbo timer, dump valve and stereo.

Check out the peak speed on the turbo timer, limiter still on :P

Still loving it!

Click for bigger.

Back
Top Bottom