!i!i Slick rick's trop green Si i!i!

Finally, after all these little touches, repairs, tlc etc.. i finally think my cars worthy to have its own thread

Here's a pic of the car 7 months ago(before i passed my test and it was my mums):

Picture of my car taken yesterday(my mum has a Primera now :P ):

The camouflage thing on the front bumper in the 1st pic was my dads attempt on covering some scratches, i had a go under his guidance in the 2nd pic and it turned out much better, i was so impressed at my new uber skillz i went and colour coded the side mirrors, bumpstrips and interior LOL!!!

Notice under the rear lights you cant see the weld lines that are on all
Almera's. I filled them in with some body filler and sprayed it. Looks much better:

Here's a bigger pic if you want a better look

....Yes i painted the rear drums gold too!! and what!!:ner:

The wheels are 15inch OZ Hydra's btw

Future mods:
-I want to get it lowered 40mm or more
-Get a sub and replace the standard speakers
-Fit Almera GTi side skirts and a rear bumper and put a SRi lip on the front
-Get some clear side repeaters to go with the clear indicators.
-Get a good looking back box
-Stubby radio Aeriel
-Cleaner number plate
- Mudgaurds for the front wheels(keep the car cleaner for longer)

I was going to tint the windows but two weeks ago i backed into another car in the dark so Ive decided not to for the cars well being, i would probably back into a car during the day with window tints :lol: so fark that

Done a good job cleaning it up, but defo get lowered asap, And 35mil is the max on the Si, unless you get coilovers.

Best looking Si that I ever did see: Well done M8. And the attention to detail with filling in the rear weld lines is excellent. Good looking motor!

Looks good! Tho there are a few spots in the interiors that you forgott :P (the airvent on the side.)....

Well mate, congrats and welcome to the pub.... ehmm. club...

Have a go for the rear wiper mod! And please PM me some info on where you got them eyebrows mate, those are completaly different than mine, looks sweet!
cheers

always_sideways said:
Looking good, clear side repeater,colour code the door handles and lower it as much as possible!
I did want to colour code the door handles but it seems too difficult to do myself and im worried the paint might scracth off easily over time

P624KTP said:
Best looking Si that I ever did see: Well done M8. And the attention to detail with filling in the rear weld lines is excellent. Good looking motor!
Wow, Thanks man!! :thumbs:

prizma said:
Looks good! Tho there are a few spots in the interiors that you forgott :P (the airvent on the side.)....
Yea, i really wanted to do that but i dont know how to take it off, if its simple, please tell me how.
Thanks

prizma said:
And please PM me some info on where you got them eyebrows mate, those are completely different than mine, looks sweet!
cheers
I made them myself dude! Im a student on a SUPER tight budget. Anything i can do myself, ill have a go at. Their just two strips of 0.5mm Aluminum cut to a template i made with card, sanded down, primed, painted and lacquered.

So far, in the past 7 months Ive spent £280, That includes the wheels with good tyres so I'm pretty chuffed with that. The wheel nuts didnt get me also, i had 4 lying around in the garage and pinched another 4 from the parents Primera's spare wheel and bought 2 sets of lock nuts from ebay which were £9 each!! :eek: when the total if i bought them from a shop would have cost around £45-£55.

Ebay is brilliant, You should ALWAYS look there first before buying from anyone else.

looks really good,

been thinking of filling that panel joints below the lights, but wasent sure if filler would eventually crack

TallPaul86 said:
Definately a DIY success matey!! :thumbs: (unlike mine... :roll: )

But yeah either get it lowered or get bigger wheels

Both! Seriously though, looks very tidy mate, good effort with the rear shut-line! And the eyebrows, tried the same with mine but i got angry and gave up ,then ordered some RGM ones.

Their standard man. I thought all Almera's without fog lights had those. They were solid before but i cut holes in the top and bottom part to help get some cold air into the engine bay.

From Rick, the same window stickers but i just cut the aoc logo off the end and stuck it on the door and the rest of the sticker on the back window. I figured it would have been a waste to leave the logo on because the wiper arm would have covered it anyway

TallPaul86 said:
But yeah either get it lowered or get bigger wheels

Nah defenately not getting bigger wheels. My car is only a 1.4 and at the end of the day with bigger wheels your going for looks only because there isnt any other advantage i can see, its not like you can see the wheels while your driving. Id rather have the small wheels and have a nippy, fun to drive car. You should have seen my friends faces when i told them i choose 15inch over a set of 17inch wheels...priceless! :lol:
It gets a bit annoying though when i have to explain this to people who are 'car illiterate'. Their like 'big rimz r pimpin yo!! small rimz r whack.' Yea we'll see which car looks better when your 'pimpmoblie' with 19inch shoes cant beat a little 1.4 with 15's off the lights :rolleyes:

Andrew smith said:
been thinking of filling that panel joints below the lights, but wasent sure if filler would eventually crack
Yea, ill let you know in a couple of months LOL!!

get them lead filled, I was looking into doing it when I was going to smooth in the rear lights and make a new rear bumper, until I decided enough was enough and stopped spending money on it.

The wheels look great! 15's are by far my favourite. Your car is a credit to 5 door modification on a budget ;) How did you get the blending right when you sprayed it?
Incidentally.. I have some phase 1 sideskirts going cheep cheep cheep at the moment, would be interesting to see phase 1 kit on a phase 2!

Back
Top Bottom