!i!i Slick rick's trop green Si i!i!

The good blending was down to the paint shop who mixed the paint for me and i think a light sand with 1200 after each coat of paint helped especially with the lacquer which came out better then expected. The most important thing i think when spraying yourself is what type of nozzle's you use, they can make or break the quality of the job.

Nah i aint looking to spend anything major on the looks atm, just the little things until i get a constant income i.e. Ricky needs a job!!!
Ill let you know though if i want them.

Update this week:

A while back when i was putting my new wheels on i noticed a whole lot of grease on the inner rim of the steelie. I looked closer and found the gator split and spewed out all the grease etc. Just glad it didnt happen after i put the new wheels on or it would have been a nightmare to clean off. The garage charged me £45 to replace it and grease it again. Is that a good price?

Done the wiper mod, had to remove the aoc sticker because it looked a bit odd and i couldnt remove the bush from the cog so i made my own blue peter one, the wiper is a bit loose:(

Bought some ice white 501 sidelights for my car, looks cool but i want some with more blue so i might be selling these. PM me if your interested. £4 inc postage

I stuck the Si badge in the car using bathroom sealant, just want to paint the drivers side air vent and ill be happy with the interior. Could anyone please tell me how to take it off??

Got the blue LED bulbs on Monday. I think they do a wicked good job looking like HID's with the normal lights on and are headturning with just the sidelights on. They would look brilliant on the metalic blue Almera like blackredtribal's one.

Changed the oil this week too. Pain in the ass it was. On Monday i gave it an engine flush and then put some Castrol GTX 10w40 in but then i read on a few sites and @ Halfrauds that 10w40 was the recommendation from Nissan but not the best. The best oil for my car is apparently Castrol edge sport 0w30 so on Wednesday i went to halfords to get some but it was freakin £42!! So in the end i just bought Castrol GTX magnatec 5w30 which was £25 and replaced the oil. When i changed it i was kinda shocked because the oil that had only been in the car 2 days and had only done 10 miles came out near enough black even with an engine flush! So hopefully my engine is squeaky clean now :D

Anyway with the new oil in idling is much quieter and the car feels a bit more lively at lower rpm and obviously smoother as with all oil changes. Also, i don't know if its just my imagination but around 4000+ rpm the car makes some wicked whining noise. I love it!!

While i was there i also put the NGK-R plugs back in. Took it for a drive but surprisingly the car felt better with the Bosch Super 4's in so i put those back. Also painted the 'Nissan Twin Cam' thing on the engine block gold. Ill post a pic tomorrow if i get home before dark.

Good work mate, really liking the look of that!! :thumbs:
I've got my Si badge jsut a little higer! The lights look sweet but they not illegal? I jsut got car serviced and running like a dream at the moment!!

Slick Rick said:
Also, i don't know if its just my imagination but around 4000+ rpm the car makes some wicked whining noise. I love it!!
I think thats the twin cams, mine does that as well and it makes me happy.

Haven't used even half of the Hammerite yet from the brakes so i painted the lettering of the engine head gold, would have preferred black but oh well, what else can i do with the gold paint...

Why does the Almera have that twist from the engine to the radiator? Seems unnecessary to me.

Have to jack the car up again tomorrow, that will be 3 times in one week. I thought the bottle of oil was a 4 litre one but it was 4.5 wtf! so i put half a litre too much oil in which will have to come out.

looking great there mate!

i thought the 1.4 motors took 3.5 litres of oil?

i judge it off the dipstick.

Halfraouds and Haynes said the car takes 3.2 litres but the dipstick shows the oil coming up to that bump above the H:eek: Silly me!:slap:

Corbs said:
Thought about colour coding your dial surround? Or rocker cover maybe?
Nah, i think that would be a bit ott. I would defo do it if i hadn't colour coded the centre console. What colour were you thinking for the rocker cover. I don't know if i could get some heat resistant trop green paint bit i think that would be cool.

do you mean the dash around the dials or the bit thats the dials are sitting in, if you know what i mean?

yeah thats what im planning on doing. my colour coding inside is silver but im slowly changing it all to white.

Slick Rick said:
Nah, i think that would be a bit ott. I would defo do it if i hadn't colour coded the centre console. What colour were you thinking for the rocker cover. I don't know if i could get some heat resistant trop green paint but i think that would be cool.
Yeah I can see what you mean. My GTi dial surround is blue and I'm going to do the SRi one either red or silver in keeping with the black, red, silver colour scheme.
Rocker covers look good in black, red, silver and blue but I don't think I've seen a green one? Would be pretty cool and in keeping with the rest of the car. Most people (NaylorGTi for one, I think) just used lots of elbow grease, primer, paint and laquer to do theirs with halfords paint. May be worth a go for some more engine bay bling :cool:

Slick Rick said:
Something like this i think Corbs means:

Now if you picture that all in tropical green, i think you can see where im coming from.

What almera is that, with a rev counter that goes to 9000rpm? are these in the jap imports or something like that? :confused:

tla-gti said:
What almera is that, with a rev counter that goes to 9000rpm? are these in the jap imports or something like that? :confused:

looks like a VZR, only 1.6's but with nissans version of vtec (neovvl) based on an SR20 though and not our GA16 like you might expect

Almera Guy said:
How do you get the centre vent surround off?

Undo the two screws below the cd head unit and then slide a flathead screwdriver or wallpaper scraper in the gap above the vents and lever it off. If it makes a large snap noise when levering don't worry you haven't broke anything :lol: I shit myself fist time i did it, thought i broke the center console. When you lever it off, dont stay in one place, lever one side a bit then move over and do the other side so it comes off nicely.

Slick Rick said:
Undo the two screws below the cd head unit.

:doh!: Didn`t even know those screws were there, :rolleyes: as I`ve always tried to remove it in the dark, so couldn`t see the screrws! :O :O

Also, does the passenger side one just pop off?

Back
Top Bottom