Just a couple of detail changes . . . .

paul are you coming to nunny? If so ill bring the mani along if it turns up so you can have a look at build quality ect

Looks really nice now Paul, i have to say it looks better without the Nismo bits up front.:thumbs:

Looks great in that pic. Proves those last changes you did really made a big change for the better :)

paul are you coming to nunny? If so ill bring the mani along if it turns up so you can have a look at build quality ect

Unfortunately I'm working mate - tried to get the time off, but others had leave booked already. If you would be good enough to take a couple of pics & post them up, that would be great - thanks. :)

Okay, splitter fitted at last (Leon Cupra model) . . . .

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC000171.jpg

I Likey. The splitter looks great. Comes together with the horizontal lines on the grill.

How waas it to fit?

Car looks bloody great on the drifts too. You glad to get the summer wheels back on?

Thanks Matt - it was surprisingly easy to fit. Just used some tape to hold it in place once lined up, then bored 8 holes for the self-tappers to hold it on. Had to trim it just over an inch at each end. I've even had it speed tested on the runway at 110mph, lol - it stayed on !
As for the wheels, well the car feels so much more 'alert' with them on which is nice, but they do succumb to a bit of tramlining. Trying my best to avoid the potholes just now as the Gmax springs are so crap. But all is not lost as she's booked in for the fitment of Apex springs and KYB shocks this Friday coming. :)

I've even had it speed tested on the runway at 110mph, lol - it stayed on !
As for the wheels, well the car feels so much more 'alert' with them on which is nice, but they do succumb to a bit of tramlining. Trying my best to avoid the potholes just now as the Gmax springs are so crap. But all is not lost as she's booked in for the fitment of Apex springs and KYB shocks this Friday coming. :)

Quality I love the idea of you gunning it down the railway with spotters on either side of the runway to see how it holds up.

Will it just be the lower profile that is causing the tramlining?

Oh you should feel a great improvement with the new shocks and springs on :)

This is fast turning onto one great N16 :thumbs:

Much appreciated Matt :)

I think the tramlining is down to a combination of lower profile tyres and possibly the wheel alignment being out a touch. So when the new suspension parts go on, I'm having that checked too. Tyre wear seems to be impressively even though, which must be a good sign.

Awesome Paul, the splitter really improves the p2 front end imo :)
Did the How To come in handy at all?

Yes mate, I had a flick through it before tackling the job. Having done over 350 miles this w/end, I checked it for security and it needed just a turn here and there with the screwdriver :thumb:

Just a little update to say I've now sourced a 200 cell sports cat to replace my standard knackered one. It's going on with the OBX manifold & downpipe a week monday. Can't wait to see/hear what she'll be like :) Not expecting huge gains, but I think an extra 8-10 bhp should be on the cards. Once that's done & my new Rotas fitted, she'll be lighter & a wee bit quicker.

Reactions: IT
I can't wait for this. N16 SR20DE vs. YD22DDTi vs. QG18DE+S. Epic.

sweet! keep us posted on the power figures dude :)

Will do mate :) Not sure where to get her dyno'd now, as the previous one has gone ! That's a real bugger for comparing previous figures, but nothing I can do about it :roll: I wonder if SriAlan knows if there's a dyno in Aberdeen . . . . . :sinister:

Back
Top Bottom