Just had my insurance renewal

Yeah the Si is group 4, 2 groups lower than my old mk2 1.3 polo breadvan, which is insane imo. I'm not seriously going to have a 'quick drive' in a mates car. It was just wishful thinking out loud :D. Like I said, I'd be surprised if any of them would even consider letting me.

i let my bro drive third party in my 1.4 'mera action and the third party was an unsuspecting lampost!!! i lost the best car iv had and got nothing for it!

my bro never paid me back

the Si must have dropped down a group then from the parkers book i have

EDIT* Si group 5 still then lol

you may all know this but...

premiums depend on your insurance company aswel. cars may have insurance groups ranging from 1-20 but your insurance premium is dependant on where you live, who you are and if u have any 'history' i.e points, convictions etc

majority of insurance is age related and where you live!!!

nearly all companies are changing their policies so that any driver under the age of 25 cannot drive other vehicles even on third party cover!!!

even if they say that, you can get on your pollicy that 'cos of age you are excluded from that. I know it was the same for me when I was younger as the 1.2i corsa I had at 17 cost over a grand to insure, though my insurance isn't so killer now - I'm 22 in four weeks, the almera si is my umpteenth car, no speeding points, the one incident I caused I paid cash for the other drivers repairs so full no claims and I'm looking at £500 max for fully comp; though my insurance say it due to my living in Cumbria!

Kez

im 18 years old and had a 1.9 turbo diesel mk3 m reg golf earlier this year, i was paying £1400 and that was group 8, on a toyota starlet s reg 1.3 standard group 4 i they wanted me to pay £1395????

£5 cheaper for a car 4 groups lower?!!!

Isn`t occupation taken into account as well?

I drive for a living, (15 years ncb :rasp: ) & I think that actually puts the premium up! (like radio djs are `high risk` because they`re in showbiz & may have a `celebrity` in their car @ some point).

I don`t know if this is still the case though.

i can also garuntee advise sum stuff...

if u make a claim on your insurance then you will only be entitled to a courtesy car from your insurer if you use one of their designated repairers, and it will only be sumet along the lines of a corsa, micra, ka or fiesta!!!

if u dont use their repairers they wont give u a courtesy car and they wont garuntee any repairs.

ALWAYS take out legal cover, you may need it! people think its only relevant if its to chase a third party but it also comes in handy if the garage fucks up your repairs, you insurance provider is obliged to pursuit any action you wish to take against the garage

N16 guy, your insurance is cheap we all know lol!

but why......? cause your an old git :D

you could live in the worst place in england and your insurance would still cost you 2 old pennies and a potato! :D

sometimes, only sometimes being in the teaching profession is good! kept my insurance low when i was a student too!

Back
Top Bottom