Love my Almera but lack of music annoying!

Hi there, which lead is not compatible, the one supplied with the Grom unit should fit straight into the multi changer socket on the stereo.

Hi. It was the 12 pin plug which was the one to go in the disc changer but the plastic insert guides were slightly different. I've done a little digging since and the back of my stereo is a different design to both the pictures in the Grom instruction booklet.

Having looked again... I've found a slot where it will fit. I guess this is the right slot. My next issue is connecting the power lead (12v)? No idea which one it slots into. It might still be that my stereo is incompatible.

Hi Peter. I'm at a point now where i've connected the lead into changer port and spliced 12v power lead. The car appears to be reading the grom unit now. I'll route the speaker, pair it to my phone and see how we go!

Spamming over Peter. I've sorted it. Paired my phone and i have sounds!!!
Next phase is to route speaker cable. You said you removed the glasses holder? I couldn't manage this. Is there a knack to it i'm not seeing. I could remove it through brute force but i want it to go back in afterwards.

Hi, right this might be a little difficult to explain but here goes, you need to remove the interior light, just pop off the light cover to reveal the bulbs. You should now see the plastic lugs holding it into the roof lining, take out light assembly. Now you should be able to get your hands around the glasses holder under the roof lining. You should be able to feel two lugs bent over to hold it in place on the front edge facing the front, carefully bend them back straight, doesn't need to much force, then either side has similar lugs, do the same. There are two more nearest you on the rear side but if you have bent all the others back you shouldn't need to worry about those. to reassemble just bend the tabs back down to secure against the roof lining. If you want post your mobile number and I will call you and talk you through it.

Fantastic stuff Peter! Thanks for all the help. Will probably get onto that tomorrow eve. Went for a drive today and the music playback from the Grom is fantastic!
If i have any issues, i'll send my number on over and i'll gratefully take some advice. Thanks again!

No problem, if ever you need any other diagrams or wiring and any part number searches I have the relevant software and workshop manuals, I can do searches by VIN numbers. I have had my Almera for 2 years now and have been really happy with it but have had to do quite a lot of research into faults and DIY repairs, so if i can help I will,
Cheers
Peter

Hello All, I am new here and having probs with my sons CY460 CD unit (I think) it is whiring so has power the top screen is searching radio stations so not code locked Firstly is it a case of just swaping the suspected broken CD unit as apparently it has the Amp in it if I got him one of thes Grom or Yatour things (whatever they are, if someone could please explain) will it be still no good as we suspect the Amp is goosed. I cna get a second hand CY460 unit for £30 will this solve my prob or as some googling sugests will I need a Nissan gargae to repair them? Out of my depth here and hes driving round just off his phone which isn't practical.

Thanks. Ian

Back
Top Bottom