My Almera GTiR

K33 ELV said:
Posting the number plate doesnt make any difference anymore, people do it coz years ago someone's cossie got mag featured and they didnt block the plate out, criminals got the address details off the DVLA for it and stole it. but the DVLA keep this info private now.

car looks lovely mate

No point not taking the precaution though, so many work in the car biz doing HPI checks etc it's easy enough to get someone's address from a plate...

Anyway mint looking motor you have there matey. Would love to do a GTi-R conversion, lacking time/space/funds etc :(

Hope you get it all working properly soon ;)

Veero

rowdy-GTi said:
Is it running any better fella?

Yeah its running prettymuch spot on since its been on the GTiR ECU, that was until yesterday :mad:.

I changed the rocker cover and ever since it feels like its holding back. I'm hoping that one of the pipes has a split in it somewhere.

I'm currently only running about 0.7bar as when we were mapping it a 1.0bar it was leaning out to much.

I may have to sell up soon, keep looking at silly things like bigger turbos and injectors :roll: Which will mean i need a stronger gearbox and LSD. Seriously don't have enough money to buy all that.!!

Hey!

What bumpers and sideskirts are those, and more importantly, where do I get them?

Hi lifter, thats the standard Phase 2 GTi kit, if you send 'o dog' on here a PM he makes fibreglass replicas of this kit for £200 a set.

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to kick a topic thats 4 years old.:sweatdrop:
But I've got a little question:

My brother and I are busy swapping a GTI-R engine in to his N15 GTi. At the moment we have some problems to mount the gearbox to the engine. Could someone tell me how to make a SR20DE FWD gearbox fit on a GTI-R engine.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from the Netherlands.

Thank in advanced guys!!!

SR20DET Engine from a Pulsar/GTiR N14
N15 GTi Flywheel (if I remember correctly you will need to re-drill the flywheel holes to bolt the flywheel onto the crank)
N15 GTi Clutch kit (Clutch, Release bearing, pressure plate)
all the bolts will fit apart from 1 of them (on the gearbox)

Do you not need to 'grind' a part of the engine block back to allow the gearbox to align correctly? Or am I talking out my arse?

Do you not need to 'grind' a part of the engine block back to allow the gearbox to align correctly? Or am I talking out my arse?

I think thats the other way around, using a gtir gearbox on a de block, ie fitting a de/ve block into a gtir like wezzly was planning long ago....i could be wrong and you could be right though. But from my gtir block, 88mm plans i think its my way round.

Reactions: IT
Back
Top Bottom