My Audio Install

Its not that bad :confused:

I agree, a few wires need to be cut to the proper length, but how do you know he's not going to do that when he's got everything fitted?

Just needs a bit of tidying up and some fancy bits!

You covering the amps at the top Darren? Or using some sort of clear plastic design?
Perspex with neons would look good in my opinion, kinda along similar lines to naylors setup.
bootinstalljapmeet.jpg

Could you maybe drill holes and connect the remotes underneath the board? to make it look a bit tidier

Yeah the guy did say he hasnt finished yet! :rolleyes:

I'm in agreement with WildChild with the neons Darren, if you're going down the bling look, and it'll match up with your footwell lights too :)

now that wasnt a very nice comment to make

every one has to start somewere

at least he is learning

jeez get off the guys back for fuck sake

what, now I'm not allowed an opinion !? Get off my back !! :rasp::lol:

In my opinion it looks poor, is dangerous and possibly won't sound that great. Rather than shooting his load early, wouldn't it have been much better if Darren had posted a "here are my WIP pics and now here is the finished product" type thread? How people (and when I say people I mean me) can get excited about a half finished pile of (ready to burst into flames) spaggetti and MDF is beyond me ?

All my opinion of course....:roll:

what, now I'm not allowed an opinion !? Get off my back !! :rasp::lol:

In my opinion it looks poor, is dangerous and possibly won't sound that great. Rather than shooting his load early, wouldn't it have been much better if Darren had posted a "here are my WIP pics and now here is the finished product" type thread? How people (and when I say people I mean me) can get excited about a half finished pile of (ready to burst into flames) spaggetti and MDF is beyond me ?

All my opinion of course....:roll:

there is a difference though between voicing an opinion then just being rude!

its a fine line - but again it just seems like the follow the leader type shit again

and to tell him to ditch it all like that was a bit OTT in my opinion

Darren seems new to the whole scene to me, and yes i sit there thinking what the fuck myself to some things, but when 10 other people have said so it doesnt need another one to beat him with the same stick

maybe if some people started to give constructive critisism then shoot away ~(some people have and thats good

but for god sake if you gonna shoot some one down that harsh then at least back up your own statement by giving an explanation of WHY you think it is what you have said and then a possible way of resolution

ANY man management is that if you shoot someone down, always pick them up aswell

otherwise your just a cunt basically (your being any one that makes that kinda comment i mean )

:)

wayne

PS. your second comment about posting a different type of thread is what you should have done in the first post,

you wonder why some people are leaving the site because they think it is going down hill

its a fine line - but again it just seems like the follow the leader type shit again

more than one person can have the same opinion though. i really don't get why people think this site is going downhill or people follow the leader. the whole pics thing is a joke and having a laugh, happens on every other forum i know off too. if you get upset over bunch of people on a forum posting funny random pics then i think you need to evaluate your priority's in life (i know this isn't the argument at the moment but just saying)
as much as im impressed at darren or anybody doing something like who has spend time/money/doing it himself cause i know i couldn't do it, i don't think anybody in a similar situation who posted unfinished pics up can't really expect any other comments, i know i wouldn't have, but maybe thats just me.

Shorten those cables now!

Power cap?

why would it need a power cap? a amp pulling alot of power to drive a sub or pair of etc can drain the power cap just as quick as the battery is recharging it.

power caps are just ways of selling you things you dont need, its generally not until you start competeing or have agood friend how competes that when you start learning the truth about whats good and whats not.

I laugh at people who say things about the weight and they wouldnt have this and that. I dont think I'd go to the length of what I have before but Im glad Ive been there done that and done the best I can, rather than ho har at others.

dont knock it until you try it(unless its gay sex :lol:)

looks good so far darren

personally the best thing i ever did was remove all the stereo from my boot, it weighed far to much,
yeah but I only have a 1.5 I want a SR20DET. when I get enough money I may ditch it all but its just a cruiser now

Darren, for F*** sake sort out your wiring... that ia fire waiting to happen!
lol most of the wires are not even connected. just 3 amps running at the moment

Shorten those cables now!
And are all the remotes Daisy-chained off eachother? Not wrong as such but looks messy as fuck.
just wanted it running going to sort it all out next sunday

Power cap?
its been ordered they were out of stock the lanzar 2.4F.(should arrive monday)

Budget Phono leads on 2nd amp in from left?
thats the only ones that the shop had that were that short (50cm) (Stinger)

The weight factor is why, despite wanting to cram my boot full of audio, i'll never have more than a single 10/12" sub and amp.
lowered my car from the back even more lol
i can see where its going but its a mess, does fuck all for me:thumb2:
sounds amazing. my mate that won 3rd place in the emma sound quality test said my car sounds better then his. he had
2x Hifonics Falcon 2 Channels (90RMS)
Brutus Mono 1500RMS
Lanzar Opti Compon's (5.25")
1 12" Kicker CVX

I have the same as that but I have the Higher range of Lanzar Opti (6.5") and 2x 12" Kicker CVX's and virtually the whole car has been sound deadened

You covering the amps at the top Darren? Or using some sort of clear plastic design?
Perspex with neons would look good in my opinion, kinda along similar lines to naylors setup.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/naylorgti/newpics/bootinstalljapmeet.jpg
My mates, mate has a car audio shop in Poland and he showed me this
http://www.maxcaraudio.com.pl/1/galeria/9/jpeg/09.JPG
I am going to make a shelf on the top have 3 windows and that beat line going straight across them 3 and then having one for the mono block as well
taken from
http://www.maxcaraudio.com.pl/1/galeria/9/index.html

there is a difference though between voicing an opinion then just being rude!

and to tell him to ditch it all like that was a bit OTT in my opinion

Darren seems new to the whole scene to me, and yes i sit there thinking what the fuck myself to some things, but when 10 other people have said so it doesnt need another one to beat him with the same stick

maybe if some people started to give constructive critisism then shoot away ~(some people have and thats good

but for god sake if you gonna shoot some one down that harsh then at least back up your own statement by giving an explanation of WHY you think it is what you have said and then a possible way of resolution

ANY man management is that if you shoot someone down, always pick them up aswell

otherwise your just a cunt basically (your being any one that makes that kinda comment i mean )

:)

wayne

PS. your second comment about posting a different type of thread is what you should have done in the first post,

you wonder why some people are leaving the site because they think it is going down hill

Now who's being rude calling people c*nts !! I don't get people like you. On the one hand (in the main) you seem to talk sense, yes my comments were direct but they were meant to provoke a response, but not from you my friend. On the other, you throw away any credability to your argument by lowering yourself to the use of foul language and accusing me of following the pack. I defy you to find any evidence of me "following the leader". I am and have been a moderator of this forum for a long time, certainly before you became a member, so, for the sake of all of us, wind you neck in and let Darren fight his own battles, god knows from past experience he's thick skinned enough to do so (no offence Darren).

PS - don't even dare to preach to me about man managment, I currently have 32 people working for me. How's your career ?

PS - don't even dare to preach to me about man managment, I currently have 32 people working for me. How's your career ?
just chill out lads. I don't take anything personal on the forum. and some people like audio like me and some people like speed and handeling and etc. I personally miss my audio system and I am v.happy with the sound but I just need to sort out the wires.

and you talk about losin credibility??:rolleyes: what a condescending, pretentious, willy wavin comment!! ffs

i was farily neutral til now but, quicky d all they way!!

'mon the keyboard wars!!:P

@ Darren re:^^ I have often been amused at your various posts, naivety and various sticky 'chillin' situations!! but i just want to say i've grown the utmost repect for the way you ignore and rise above some of the bs thrown your way sometimes.

good luck with the install too

anyway, too pissed to care, comon the Laphroig.

Darren - sorry about the thread hyjack and fret not, I am very chilled, like my single malt.
Wayne - sorry about my thread "not being very nice"
craiGTI - lol - will try harder next time ;) but it was an easy target and when you have a cock as big as mine you just have to wave it sometimes....
everyone else - WTF !? it's friday night, and your in !? I'm married with a kid, what's your excuse !? :)

Back
Top Bottom