My Autech now sold to SRi Alan ....

Just to let you all know that SRi Alan of Aberdeen has now taken ownership of the Autech that I bought off Andy (AlmeraGTi), of Flamera fame, earlier this year.

Alan: Hope you enjoy the drive: Keep us all up to date with whatever you do with her.

Cheers mate. I'll let you know what I buy next too. Hope to catch up again sometime.

Glad it went to him, he'll look after it :)

What about you though? any chance you'll get your 4th N15? :D

more importantly whats sri alan doing with some of the bits from his car, hope hes selling some and putting it back to standard.....

best of luck with getting a new car and best of luck to alan with the autech. what plans have you got for it alan? going to have to be fairly extreme engine mods really because from posts iv read about it the cams sound quite wild as they are and its already higher compression than standard. im geussing most of the usual stuff like air filter and manifold are better than "standard" anyway?

Thanks for the kind words guys!
For now I'm keeping the SRi and using that to drive around in so I can keep the mileage down on the Autech. I might end up selling bits off it or the whole car at some point though.
For the Autech, I just wanna get the missing bodykit parts and also a P1 rear splitter. Im not too sure about engine stuff just yet as it performs so well as standard and i wouldnt want to upset it! I'm going to service it today though and then in the next month when i have some money saved, try and get it RR'd at a place called Jap Performance in the town of Ellon which is up the road.

DSC03321-1.jpg

DSC03320-1.jpg

DSC03319-1.jpg

DSC03318-1.jpg

DSC03336.jpg

DSC03322-1.jpg

DSC03324-1.jpg
DSC03323-1.jpg

DSC03325-1.jpg

DSC03333-1.jpg

P1 SRi with the fake P2 GTi lights I did over the weekend

DSC03317.jpg

DSC03327.jpg

Shoddy 1.0 micra courtesy car with a flat tyre, its bigger than the almera! a micra!

DSC03328.jpg

jammy shitester - minted car mate...

Wish cars like that float about in Central Scotland more often... Some of us aren't rich (or old) enough for Skyline GT-R's

Who designs Nissan interior fabric?! how did they get a job?!

You already know how i feel about the Autech Alan, but I like it even more from the pics!

Lol no i just got bored yesterday, and swapped a few things over from the SRi. I put some Mobil 1 oil in and some new plugs and filter; it still hesitates a bit in the first 5mins of driving from cold but on the whole it runs fine. Sometimes at the lights it chugs away and sounds like its got a much bigger engine than it actually has! It gets alot of attention anyway, from either the exhaust note or the fact it appears to be a bog standard almera with huge sideskirts!

sri_alan - firstly, whats your views on the Autechs performance then? Secondly, could you please post up some closer pictures of your headlights on your SRi for me to have a gander at bud.

Mick

nice car the autech. would love to have one of the after i get a few years ncb... lol hope you look after it mate...

Mick_87 said:
sri_alan - firstly, whats your views on the Autechs performance then? Secondly, could you please post up some closer pictures of your headlights on your SRi for me to have a gander at bud.

Mick
The Autech is like night and day difference over the 1.6, the most noticable difference is how quickly it gets up to about 100mph. I would say the SRi takes the same amount of time to do 60 upto 80 as it does to do 0-60, where as the Autech just accelerates the same all the way up. The LSD also helps alot, you can feel it pulling the car around through twisty roads, and if you keep the car in high revs, it'll accelerate with ease at just about any speed. The best bit is the exhaust noise though, when you change gear at just before 7.5k (which reads 8k on the dials), it sounds like a swarm of bees!

I'll take some pics of the headlights when I get home later on, Ive also got some close ups as I was spraying them. By the way, is that pic in your avatar your new car? if so, is that Amy's old one?

Looks like a nice motor you've got there Alan, still keeping the SRI then?

We'll have to have a meet sometime to catch up. Any plans for her then?

Back
Top Bottom